• 1 Post By Yelta
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 2 Post By robertm
  • 1 Post By Meggs8
  • 1 Post By robertm
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By CafeLotta

Thread: Bezzera Magica- your thoughs please?

Bezzera Magica- your thoughs please?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,
    So basically i have had my third Brevile BES920 machine fail. So I am looking to upgrade.
    I make 6 -8 coffes a day ( sometimes 8 plus in one sitting when friends come around ) , use a QuamarQ50 grinder , love my coffee and have fresh beans every week. Last week i looked at a few Machines such as the

-Bezzera Magica
    -Bezzera Mitica
    -Lelit Amra
    -ECM Mechanika V Slim

Not sure of the diferences between the Mitica and Magica though

I like the levers of the Bezzera Magica and I am not a fan of the knobs on the other machines. So it is my front runner now
    Can anyone give me feedback on this model please. Good , Bad / bettter option for around $2500-$2600. Thanks

Cheers
    Last edited by Javaphile; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:35 PM. Reason: Commercial link removed

Bezzera make great machines and the others you mention are also pretty darn good.
    None of those machines will let you down, all up to the operator...

Mal.

As Mal said all great machines and all will do a great job.
    if you are making 8 coffees in one session a larger water tank and boiler would be nice to have.
    The Majica has a 4litre tank and 2 litre boiler with a 1400 watt heater. That will be nicer to have when having to make multiple cups.
    I have the Mechanica Slim. Canít fault it, a larger boiler and water tank is never a bad thing however.
    Good luck with whatever you decide
    Dimal likes this.

One that may be worth a look is an ECM manufactured machine which is badged as a DiBartoli Lumina (based on an ECM Mechanika) which is good value.

There has been a bit of a question mark on the finish of Bezzera machines recently. If you buy one make sure to be able to view the machine before handing over your hard earned.

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...itica-top.html
    Dimal and Yelta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Hi,

Not sure of the diferences between the Mitica and Magica though
    From what I can see the Magica is PID controlled and has a rotary pump, I like the thought of a rotary pump, PID, not for me, as far as I'm concerned more electronics that will eventually fail.

Value for money the Mitica stands out @ $2600, a quality easy to use rock solid machine that will produce very good espresso, and with basic maintenance will still be doing the same in 10 years.

As CafeLotta has pointed out, would pay to check the exterior casing closely before purchase, there have been some finish concerns expressed recently.
    CafeLotta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    From what I can see the Magica is PID controlled and has a rotary pump, I like the thought of a rotary pump, PID, not for me, as far as I'm concerned more electronics that will eventually fail.
    I think the Magica (Tank) only comes with a vibration pump. The Mitica (Tank fed only) with a vibration pump used (?) to be available but the Mitica TOP (Tank Or Plumbed) model has a Rotary pump.
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:44 AM. Reason: Grammar bad, made good.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    One that may be worth a look is an ECM manufactured machine which is badged as a DiBartoli Lumina (based on an ECM Mechanika) which is good value.

There has been a bit of a question mark on the finish of Bezzera machines recently. If you buy one make sure to be able to view the machine before handing over your hard earned.

Thanks for the replies and an Interesting read CafeLotta
    Well to throw a spanner in the works i looked at some other machines and found one that seemed to tick the boxes but more expensive. Aint it always the way ...
    https://www.ecm.de/en/products/detai...a-v-profi-pid/

ECM Technika V- A newer model
    Great finish and quality
    Levers which i like
    Rotary pump
    PID
    Stainless Bolier

Seems a few places have them on special for like $3300 now down from about $3800.
    Last edited by robertm; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling

If I was spending that amount of money I'd see if I could wrangle a bit of a deal on a Profitec Pro 600 dual boiler with PID.

Which State/City are you in?
    Dimal and hawk87 like this.

Qld. Thansk wil look at it.
    Even though i will use the tank initialy , i like the idea of being able to plumb it in in the future if needed. ( i know the others on my list dont do that )
    Cheers

Another option is the ROCKET MOZZAFIATO EVOLUZIONE R COFFEE MACHINE. There's someone in Qld that has it for $3290 at the moment. 1 left as new model with timer is out now at $3690.

If you check Ebay $3190 delivered also available.

Interestingly enough the "Black" whatever sale pricing for a number of sellers is actually higher than the last week or 2. Buyer beware of the opportunistic sellers as happens this time of the year.
    Dimal and 392392 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    Another option is the ROCKET MOZZAFIATO EVOLUZIONE R COFFEE MACHINE. There's someone in Qld that has it for $3290 at the moment. 1 left as new model with timer is out now at $3690.
    Thansk for the advice , I looked at that exact machine . Its line ball with the ECM Technicka V PID Spec wise it seems
    I prefer the levers so i think i wil get the Technicka. as have now managed to get the new model technica discounted.
    Will try them this week and buy what feels best.

level3ninja and flashpixx like this.

Hi Robert, how did you go with the technica? In a similar boat looking to buy the Technica with a atom 65.

I am also keen to see which way you go. Im looking at similar machines and spend, and have the same requirements.

I was going to go for the Alex PID but it's really wide...
    Then the ECM bit is really tall..
    The Rocket mozzafiato seems just right

The new Vibiemme models look interesting, but to get a rotary pump you need to get the very tall but surprisingly narrow top tier Super.

ECM Technika V Profi PID ticks all the boxes for me. My dream machine if I was upgrading.

CS suppliers and techs might give you better info of internals. Beautifully built with great finish, very solid reputation, rotary - vv quiet, lever operation, timer, PID, tank or plumbed ....... what more could you want? Dual boiler Synchronika if you want that and spend more money.

Izzo Alex seems to be a strong favourite with some of the more experienced CS suppliers at present. Bezzera sems to be getting flak for uncertain finish lately but worse the warranty back up is reported as not helpful or obliging ???
    depecid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ankush View Post
    Hi Robert, how did you go with the technica? In a similar boat looking to buy the Technica with a atom 65.

Ankush,
    I got the ECM Technika V PID last week. Very happy with my choice. Great Machine, Exceptional build quaility (what do you expect from German build quality) , Quiet, love the new levers, All the features I wanted.
    Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggs8 View Post
    Bezzera sems to be getting flak for uncertain finish lately but worse the warranty back up is reported as not helpful or obliging ???
    That's a very broad statement to make based on one person's misfortune with one retailer...
    Bezzera are excellent quality machines backed by a global and national network of reputable operators.

Mal.
    Yelta and magnafunk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    That's a very broad statement to make based on one person's misfortune with one retailer...
    No disrespect meant but if you happen to be the one person who had the misfortune of dealing with that retailer who also happens to be the Bezzera distributor, the broad statement is very relevant. The detailed account of that person's issue would be something I'd certainly take into account if looking at a new machine. To me it was no different than picking up a new car only to find the paintwork to be full of surface scratches that shouldn't have passed quality inspection and then having the dealer not back you up with a claim. Just my opinion.

We will have to agree to disagree on that CL...

Mal.

Fair enough. I must say my opinion of the company was changed by that one episode. Where there's smoke......(there's usually a BBQ. )

Edit: My measure of a company is not how many times they get it right but how they behave when things go wrong. It could be me with the issue next time.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Ankush,
    I got the ECM Technika V PID last week. Very happy with my choice. Great Machine, Exceptional build quaility (what do you expect from German build quality) , Quiet, love the new levers, All the features I wanted.
    Cheers
    Thanks Robert. Great to know that you are enjoying the machine, are there any issues with milk steaming as per the other forum on here?