Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Narcoleptic
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso

Thread: 2nd Hand ECM Technika rofi - cooling flush question

2nd Hand ECM Technika rofi - cooling flush question

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have been lurking the forum now for a few months and it's really helped me decide on the direction to go with my new machine so many thanks to all.
    In the end i decided to purchase a second hand machine - 2016 ECM Technika Profi, purchased from a reputable seller (not a site sponsor)

It just arrived yesterday and i have pulled a few shots. Boiler pressure is spot on 1.25 bar and pump pressure goes straight to 9 bar and sits there for the duration of the shot so all seems to be working well.

My Question surrounds the cooling flush. i have read here that the cooling flush is not something that is required with well configured modern HX machines.
    The Machine has received a full service prior to the sale but quite clearly needs a cooling flush between shots and after the initial heat up.
    Is this something that should have been sorted in a full service or would this be something that i need to address independently?

Hmmm...

Probably not mate.
    Sounds like your machine may benefit from some fine tuning which will require playing around with Thermosyphon Gicleur sizes and perhaps the p/stat. This lies outside of what a standard service would entail...

Mal.
    matth3wh likes this.

OK, i'll look into getting some fine tuning done. Thanks Dimal
    Dimal likes this.

Site Sponsor
    Yes Mal is spot on (as usual ). It will need a little tweak.

charlie
    Dimal likes this.

In your link Charlie, the calibration and the calibration with adjustment have the same description, but a different price.
    I expect the calibration involves steam pressure and brew pressure tweaks, and the calibration and adjustment includes a brew temperature modification?

Site Sponsor
    Both result in brew temperature adjustments. The Calibration with Modification is required where adjustments don't give us enough scope to get the brew temperature where the customer would like it (while achieving the required steam pressure at the same time).

charlie
    Dimal likes this.