Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By kofekitt
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator

Thread: Diamond Italia/Cuadra Repair little help with this one

Diamond Italia/Cuadra Repair little help with this one

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Snob's I've been in a buying and repairing sort of cycle, I've bought this Diamond Italia but it's a little different on the inside then I was expecting I'm hoping some of you have seen this machine before. The last owner had said it was leaking and his tech had serviced the machine a few times before and it sounds like he'd given up on it he did send me a video of it making a shot while it was leaking. Looking at it it's going to be a boiler out job just to clean it up and sort the obvious leaks, is what has me stumped is not being able to see a safety valve or and anti-vac valve, I'm guessing they are somehow tied up with the unit under the pressure-stat? which seems to be loose under the pressure-stat (It's tight). The other obvious leak is from the blue T-Connector which was just pushed together.
    Diamond (1).jpgDiamond (3).jpgDiamond (4).jpgDiamond (5).jpgDiamond (6).jpg

Those are pretty notorious for leaks from the boiler fill fitting, and also the three way fitting after the pump, they also use a special pstat, as you say with antivac and safety included, but also an extra outlet to the boiler pressure gauge;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dimal and Hoggy42 like this.

The state of that wiring has death trap written all over it.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    The state of that wiring has death trap written all over it.
    I presume you are talking about the fantastic job on the P-stat? Or the insulators on the element?

Would highly recommend that you engage the services of a licensed sparky to inspect and certify the electrics before putting all the covers back on for the last time - Got to be safe...

Mal.
    kofekitt and Caffeinator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy42 View Post
    I presume you are talking about the fantastic job on the P-stat? Or the insulators on the element?
    Yeah- Like everything I can see which has a wire connected to it is dangerous. If a tech has been inside it and let it go out like that, find another tech who knows what he/she's doing before someone gets a free perm- or worse.

100% with Mal. Find someone who knows what they're actually doing and have it made safe.
    Dimal likes this.

Cool I shared those photos and a few more with a friend of mine in NZ who is a qualified electrician and applience technician. His response was of not nearly the level of concern a couple of things to tidy up but no biggie.

Does anyone know know where that 3 way valve with P-stat can be acquired in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy42 View Post
    Cool I shared those photos and a few more with a friend of mine in NZ who is a qualified electrician
    A few photos does NOT constitute an inspection by a licensed electrician...

Mal.