Hi all,

I've had an expobar office for the past 2.5 years and it's worked without question ever since I got it when I was living in the US. When I purchased it, it had a fairly hazy history and my estimations at the time were that the machine was nearing 10 years old. I now reside in Canberra and I'm wondering if it might be best to have a knowledgeable tech take a look at it and ensure the machine is still outputting the correct pressures and temperatures. My main concern is the steam pressure which seems quite weak, approx 30-45 seconds to steam a 200ml pitcher of milk. I don't know if this is normal, as I've never seen another expobar office in the wild, but it seems lack luster. On the flip side, I don't want to take it to a tech who doesn't have experience with the machine and only improves their bank account.

I've done the basic things; descaled the machine a few times, attempted to adjust the the brew pressure (without a pressure gauge) to improve the shot performance, and general back flush cleaning care.

Can anyone provide a sounding board for this steam performance, and whether it's regular. Also, any Canberran's that can recommend a tech suitable would be appreciated.