Thread: Newbie

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all. My name is Scott Clements; from Hobart Tasmania. I have been blown away with fantastic coffee of late! Wanting to replicate as much as possible at home; hopefully.

Hopefully some of you guys have a bit of know how when it comes to home machines between the limitations of 1500-3000 Aud. Have had a bit to do with the Giotto, Brewtus 2 and some nice La Mazocco comercials. Very impressed with the LM but we all know thats silly for home use...or?; No! still silly..

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Scott.

Site Sponsor

Re: Newbie

Hey Scott,

Glad you enjoyed yourself on the La Ma @ First Pour. The FB/80 is one serious piece of kit isnt it? You put my latte art to shame!

Shame I didnt demo the Makin Espresso machine for you!

Cheers,

Dave

Hey Newbie!

We just bought a VBM Stainless and a macap grinder from Chris at Talk Coffee. We had it sent to us at Roxby Downs and relied totally on CS members and Chris and Ofra at Di Bartoli when buying it. We didnt get the hands on experience etc but very happy with our purchase. Check out Giotto vs VBM vs Galatea domus help! just above your posting. Everyone has been great.

Try reading as much as possible on this site as weve learnt so much already.

Good Luck!

Jaselin

Site Sponsor

Hi Scott!

Welcome to the Coffee Snobs Forum! I have just sent you a detailed PM with tips and recommendations, hope you will find it helpful.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Ofra

Yeah hey.

Had a blast thanks. Dave Mkn gave me a demo on his machine the day after, looks like a good deal. "?I put your latte art to shame?" no way mate!!! You pulled the shot and textured the milk... If I had, there would be no art! I aspire to your barista skills! Coming up mid november again, so hopefully I will see you then!

Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneziano Caffe link=1190891687/0#1 date=1190895239
    Hey Scott,

Glad you enjoyed yourself on the La Ma @ First Pour. The FB/80 is one serious piece of kit isnt it? You put my latte art to shame!

Shame I didnt demo the Makin Espresso machine for you!

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Scott,

I have a Unico Splendor and its great.