Thread: Jura J5

Jura J5

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I know that fully automatic coffee machines arent what you guys would normally recommend, but when it comes to having the time (due to kids, work committments etc), it works out easiest for us - great coffee at the press of a button.

I have just bought a Jura J5 and wanted to know if anyone has one and whether they are happy with it? I also looked at the S9, but I thought it was just that little bit more automatic, and I really wanted to be able to froth my own milk as personally I think thats the difference between a good coffee and a great coffee.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from someone :)

Re: Jura J5

Hi pace207 ,

the Jura S9 has a manual steam wand as well as the autofrother , also , if you are using a Jura filter I would suggest a descale every six months just to keep the thermoblocks working to their optimum ( even though Jura say there is no need to descale).

regards
    Dino

Hi Dino,

Thanks for your reply. *Obviousy the person who sold me the machine had no idea, because I actually went there with the S9 in mind, but he said it didnt have the manual steam wand option, but I think he knew as much as me, which isnt much. *I ended up asking him for the instruction manual for the S9, to see if it would tell me more than he knew. *

Oh well, I am more than happy with the J5, and considering its only for home use, and we have only a small household, I think its perfect. *Ive have made heaps of coffee and it keeps getting better as I get more comfortable with the machine. *When you say a descale, does that involve using a liquid or tablet form? *I would like to buy what I need to keep it on hand.

Thanks again for your advice. *

Hi pace207,

Jura have their own descaling tablets in packs of 9 - otherwise any coffee machine descaling product , liquid / tablet / powder , would be ok. The main thing is to descaled regularly.

regards
    Dino

Hi Pace207,

Sounds like youve made a good choice. *J5s are going well in the marketplace and we are getting good feedback on them.

We do like to encourage owners to use the water filters as they stop the scale getting into the machine in the first place. *Like all filters they do have a "life" and due to their size it is 50 litres before the machine will prompt you to replace the filter. *

Our experience is that you need to replace the filter cartridge at that time as the materials internal to the filter will have been used.

The Jura decalc tablets are available http://www.gilkatho.com.au/shop/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=41

We also from time to time have special bundles which will reduce your maintenance costs ie Buy 5 get 6 water filters for the same price.

If you get a chance subscribe to our online newsletter as we often include Jura specific tips, tricks and offers. http://www.gilkatho.com.au/news/subscribe.html