Thread: Which Double Boiler Machine is good value??

Which Double Boiler Machine is good value??

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Everyone

I am currently in search of a double boiler machine for home use. Worked many years in the hospitality industry so is used to texturing milk and brewing in the same time. I often have groups of guest that all seems to want coffee after a meal. It just takes too long with a single boiler. Please do let me know if anyone have a trustworthy and reliable double boiler as a friend. Thanks.

TC

Re: Which Double Boiler Machine is good value??

Quote Originally Posted by Sodarocks link=1196534428/0#0 date=1196534428
    Hi Everyone

I am currently in search of a double boiler machine for home use. Worked many years in the hospitality industry so is used to texturing milk and brewing in the same time. I often have groups of guest that all seems to want coffee after a meal. It just takes too long with a single boiler. Please do let me know if anyone have a trustworthy and reliable double boiler as a friend. Thanks.
    Hi Soda,

You dont need a double boiler machine. Unless you were working on a LaMarzocco or something like a LaSpaziale, you were using a heat exchanger (HX) machine. From our range, Expobar Minore and LaSpaziale are dual boiler but you can also get a Diadema, Expobar, Makin, Vibiemmme et al- they are all designed to pull shots whilst texturing milk.

You are welcome to call if you would like more information.

Chris

Re: Which Double Boiler Machine is good value??

Hi Soda

I have copied a reply I recently sent to a fellow CSer on the subject, which might be useful

thanks for the e-mail. I have been extremely happy with the Minore 2. It hasnt put a foot wrong since I purchased it, and my wife and I are enjoying great coffee. Following a comment from a fellow Coffee Snobber, her name (the machine that is) is now Uma (named after the actress because she is beautiful, hot, and has large feet).

When I made my choice I took note of comments about build quality etc. As Ive never owned one of the other high-end pro-sumer machines its difficult for me to compare. All I can tell you is that I am very impressed with the look and feel and the quality generally of Uma. I also researched the Brewtus Forum http://groups.google.com/group/brewtus/topics . While I was initially concerned that this forum seemed to talk what about problems with Brutus, if you look at threads where users give their opinions they are strongly positive. There doesnt seem to be similar forums as well populated for other single machines. So on the build quality I give double plus but I have limited experience.

Is it worth it. Hmmmm. This very subjective. For me personally absolutely. I think I would be equally as happy with less costly solutions if money were tight. But its great to have top-quality equipment. I now only have myself to blame if my coffee turns out to be crap. But actually its pretty good. I have now started buying green beans and roasting coffee, which takes it up yet one more level with regards to great taste.

So in summary I purchased Uma against some mildly conflicting advice (though everyone said it was a great machine, some thought not as great as others), because I really wanted a twin boiler unit, really wanted to temperature stability it seemed to promise, and wanted the simplicity of more control over some of the variables we find in coffee making. Temp surfing was not for me :P I remain very happy with my choice.

Let me know if this helps, and good luck in your choice.

Regards Gary ;D