Thread: New Galatea owner (and a question!)

New Galatea owner (and a question!)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Thanks to Chris from Talk Coffee, Im the proud owner of a new Domus Galatea. I picked it up just over a week ago, and on the second day, it kicked the bucket :(. Chris was most understanding and had a replacement machine ready for me for a swap over that same day. This one hasnt skipped a beat all week. Now thats service!

I just have one question about the machine.. Whenever Im extracting a shot, there seems to be quite a lot of water spilling out of the overflow during the extraction - usually enough to fill the tray after 4 or 5 extractions. Is this normal? I was expecting that water would only come out to release pressure when the lever is flicked to finish the shot.

Mark.

TC

Re: New Galatea owner (and a question!)

Quote Originally Posted by froop link=1197948612/0#0 date=1197948612
    Thanks to Chris from Talk Coffee, Im the proud owner of a new Domus Galatea. I picked it up just over a week ago, and on the second day, it kicked the bucket :(. *Chris was most understanding and had a replacement machine ready for me for a swap over that same day. This one hasnt skipped a beat all week. Now thats service!

I just have one question about the machine.. *Whenever Im extracting a shot, there seems to be quite a lot of water spilling out of the overflow during the extraction - usually enough to fill the tray after 4 or 5 extractions. Is this normal? *I was expecting that water would only come out to release pressure when the lever is flicked to finish the shot.

Mark.
    Hi Mark,

Glad that all is well with your machine. FYI, your machine had a dud pressurestat- replaced the next day and all is well.

The behaviour mentioned is normal for a galatea...Lucky your drip tray isnt Giotto size :P

Chris