Thread: ECM Giotto second hand price please?

ECM Giotto second hand price please?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, just wondering how much I would pay to buy an ECM Giotto second hand (assuming I can get my hands on one), thats about 2 years old & in good nick? Thanks

Blog Entries

Re: ECM Giotto second hand price please?

With high demand and not many people upgrading from that point I would expect that one "in good nick" with light usage would still be worth close to $2k.

Fact is, second hand ones are mighty rare.

Thanks, are they similar for the Classic & Premium? Does it matter?

javaboy,

The top quality machines - regardless of make / model dont appear very often... and when they do they will attract most of the new price if in good condition - and they will be due to the type of people who buy them....

Generally the only reason quality machines appear in the second hand market is due to upgradeitis.... someone selling a Silvia to buy a Giotto or the like..... but where do you go from a Giotto.... a full commercial machine (like mine) maybe..... and few have the space / need / enthusiasm to own one of these.....

So machines of this quality wont be seen on the second hand market very often - if at all. And those which do - you would want to check out the reason for sale and make sure the machine is still working perfectly...

Bottom line - buy a new one! You wont save much buying second hand - even if you are lucky enough to find one for sale.

Yeah, Id agree with that. A mate of mine bought an old Giotto for real cheap... turned out to be a lemon and its cost him a heap to get it up to scratch again. Lucky he got it real cheap so its not so bad, but still... hes just waiting for the next thing to go wrong from the lack of TLC from the previous owner.
    If youre going prosumer - go new. With second hand too; theres no warranty most of the time.

i though about selling mine, then i couldnt decide what to upgrade to.
    Talking to a few people, they all told me the same thing, unless i go commercial machine there is no point upgrading.
    There is no hope of that happening as the wife would kill me if i drilled holes in her ceasor stone bench top