Thread: Maver not heating up and no pressure

Maver not heating up and no pressure

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Maver makin is only 3 months old. It was working fine yesterday. This morning, when the machine was turned on, there was no sound at all coming from it. It did not heat up and there was no pressure build up on the steam side of things.

The pump is working as I flicked the brew switch and cold water came out of the grouphead with the distinct sound of the pump at work.

What could be wrong here? I bought the maver from Chris @ Talk Coffee but he is away till 3rd March. Was hoping you guys could lend some advice.

Thanks. *:(

- Suzanne

Re: Maver not heating up and no pressure

Lattegirl,

From your description, it sounds like the element is not powering up: therefore no heat and hence no pressure.
    I know nothing about Mavers but in generally this would come down to three possibilities:

1. The element has an auto-cut out safety switch, this has operated and simply needs to be reset.
    2. Wiring to the element is no longer complete [eg loose connection]
    3. The element itself has burned out

Hopefully it will be a simple problem [per 1 & 2] but ld suggest discussing it with someone with "Maver" expertise before proceeding.
    Good luck with it.

Thanks Reubster....

The maver has 3 indicator lights.

1) Power on/off light
    2) heating element operation green indicator light
    3) Red indicator light ( comes on after heating is done and when machine is heated)

Lights 1 + 2 are on when I power the machine on. However as previously mentioned, there is no heating happening at all.

Can someone tell me if I should be resetting the auto cut-off switch, and if so where to locate the reset button or what to look for if I need to open up the unit and look for the wiring to the heating element.

Lattegirl,

Id suggest an email / PM to Dave Makin from Makin Espresso. As the guy who specd the machine I imagine he might have a bit of knowledge on it. ;)

Greg

TC

Hi Suzanne,

I have received your maessage and replied via email. From your description of the symptoms, I am 99% certain that the element (weakest link in any machine ::)) has failed. The replacement is relatively quick.

I have written to Dave as well. I am sure that he will be happy to arrange service for you in my absence.

Apols for the inconvenience.

regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a whole heaps for the quick response.

I guess I was in shock this morning as I didnt expect anything to go wrong... not in the first couple of months anyway. Ill contact Dave right away to arrange a service for the machine.

-Suzanne