Thread: Water spill in VBM Domobar

Water spill in VBM Domobar

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi folks,

I was filling my VBM with water when the lid came off the water jug. A good deal of water spilt inside the machine. :(

I am hoping these things are built for such events, are they?

Re: Water spill in VBM Domobar

My Expobar has drain holes in the back corners (either that or its poor bloody Spanish workmanship ;D ).

Try tilting it back a little and seeing if that helps.

the water came out alright.

It was just that it poured all thru the perforated casing into the guts of it. Id be surprised if the design of it didnt allow for that happening given its a wet environment. (pray, pray, pray).

Gday lyds,

Dont know who you bought the machine from but Id give your vendor a quick phone call to ensure that nothing is done that might VOID your warranty..... :o

Best to be careful,
    Mal.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by lyds link=1207140152/0#0 date=1207140152
    Hi folks,

I was filling my VBM with water when the lid came off the water jug. A good deal of water spilt inside the machine. *:(

I am hoping these things are built for such events, are they?
    I think youll be ok Lyds,

The major bits are well protected....Id tip it up to allow the majority to drain away and then leave it on for a while to dry off....

Chris

thanks for the advice guys

I was just having a read of something and it reminded me of this post so I thought I had better share.

Taken from http://www.1st-line.com/machines/comm_mod/esprmach/vibiemme/index.htm#machines

The bottomline is that microswitches do work the best, and the Vibiemme Domobar Super has the most industrial microswitch we have seen to date in semi-commercial machines. Some people will complain they fail, and this is true when you pour water on a microswitch. So, do not get water on them.
    So next time you are in there it may pay to look at the microswitch and see if it looks like it got wet. Or talk to Chris as he is the local guru.

Switches cant cost THAT much, so you might want to replace it anyhow, for peace of mind. Not a problem if you never run out of water, but...

TC

Quote Originally Posted by tasadam link=1207140152/0#6 date=1207783930
    I was just having a read of something and it reminded me of this post so I thought I had better share.

Taken from http://www.1st-line.com/machines/comm_mod/esprmach/vibiemme/index.htm#machines

The bottomline is that microswitches do work the best, and the Vibiemme Domobar Super has the most industrial microswitch we have seen to date in semi-commercial machines. Some people will complain they fail, and this is true when you pour water on a microswitch. So, do not get water on them.
    So next time you are in there it may pay to look at the microswitch and see if it looks like it got wet. Or talk to Chris as he is the local guru.

Switches cant cost THAT much, so you might want to replace it anyhow, for peace of mind. Not a problem if you never run out of water, but...
    No need to worry anout the microswitch IMHO. It sits under the tank support which is on springs. I reckon you could pour 10L of water down (which I wouldnt recommend ;)) and youd still have no chance of wetting the microswtich.

Chris