Thread: Jura troubles

Jura troubles

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone,
    Long time reader, first time poster,
    Ive been visiting this site for a while when I first considered getting my next coffee machine.
    I decided to go back to an automatic machine unfortunately just as with work and uni at the moment I really dont have the time to stop and enjoy the coffee making process.

After reading the advice from this forum I decided not to buy the saeco I was thinking about and purchased a Jura Impressa C5 from Gilkatho yesterday. After a bit of a setup I was all ready for a nice strong espresso but for the life of me could not get it to make me one. I know Im following the correct procedure, selecting strongest, adjust the grind to various settings, my beans are very nice and rich, and Ive also tried using them ground up in the preground shoot which produced a fantastic doppio. It just seems that the machine just wont grind enough to get that first drip onwards anything darker than amber. I have faith in the machine and my beans but I love a strong espresso and if I cant get that itd be a real shame.

As a side note I set up my parents saeco professional a few years ago and was pleased with the coffee it produced from the first batch, was very strong and well made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

TC

Re: Jura troubles

Quote Originally Posted by kelps link=1207699409/0#0 date=1207699409
    Hi everyone,
    Long time reader, first time poster,
    Ive been visiting this site for a while when I first considered getting my next coffee machine.
    I decided to go back to an automatic machine unfortunately just as with work and uni at the moment I really dont have the time to stop and enjoy the coffee making process.

After reading the advice from this forum I decided not to buy the saeco I was thinking about and purchased a Jura Impressa C5 from Gilkatho yesterday. After a bit of a setup I was all ready for a nice strong espresso but for the life of me could not get it to make me one. I know Im following the correct procedure, selecting strongest, adjust the grind to various settings, my beans are very nice and rich, and Ive also tried using them ground up in the preground shoot which produced a fantastic doppio. It just seems that the machine just wont grind enough to get that first drip onwards anything darker than amber. I have faith in the machine and my beans but I love a strong espresso and if I cant get that itd be a real shame.

As a side note I set up my parents saeco professional a few years ago and was pleased with the coffee it produced from the first batch, was very strong and well made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks
    Hi Kelps,

Given that you purchased the machine from Gilkatho, why not give them a buzz? Im sure that they would want you to be getting the best from your unit.

Chris