Thread: Domobar Super brew pressure

Domobar Super brew pressure

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I just recently adjusted my brew pressure . According to the manual supplied by 1st line, Brew pressure gauge reads approx 1 bar above the brew head pressure. Mine was reading 12. Dropped it to 11 to see if theres gonna be significant changes to my shots. What brew pressures are you domobar users on? I could use some help on this.....

And one more thing. The australian specs for the domobar is a 2.7 litre boiler. When i took the cover off the machine, boiler hardly looks 2.7 litre. My guess would be it is the similar spec as the US model with the 1.8 litre boiler?

TC

Re: Domobar Super brew pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin1 link=1207720043/0#0 date=1207720043
    I just recently adjusted my brew pressure . According to the manual supplied by 1st line, Brew pressure gauge reads approx 1 bar above the brew head pressure. Mine was reading 12. Dropped it to 11 to see if theres gonna be significant changes to my shots. What brew pressures are you domobar users on? I could use some help on this.....

And one more thing. The australian specs for the domobar is a 2.7 litre boiler. When i took the cover off the machine, boiler hardly looks 2.7 litre. My guess would be it is the similar spec as the US model with the 1.8 litre boiler?
    :-? Hi Gavin,

Your brew pressure was adjusted to 9.5 bar with the use of an accurate portafilter pressure gauge as a part of the bench test and calibration of your machine. I leave it 0.5 bar high as we frequently see the loss of around 0.5 bar as the pump "beds in" in the first month or two...

Keep in mind that damage due to tinkering is not covered by warranty ;)

As for boiler size, the Giotto and Expobars are 1.8L and the VBM is a heap bigger than that.

Chris

:o...ok ill adjust it back to 12! Just wanted to make sure after reading the manual.....thanks chris....

The australian specs for the domobar is a 2.7 litre boiler. When i took the cover off the machine, boiler hardly looks 2.7 litre. My guess would be it is the similar spec as the US model with the 1.8 litre boiler?
    Yea, they do look smaller than 2.7 liter. I have mentioned that on an older thread here b4. I actually measured and calculated the volume (tried), I got something like 2.3 something liter. I guess the manufacturer has another way of measuring the volume. The US ones are 2.7 liter as well, not 1.8.

Fred