Thread: Isomac Alba anyone?

Isomac Alba anyone?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just been snooping around different places and have chanced upon a certain Isomac Alba. Kinda cool name and coll looking thing with the clock tower gauges (my term, not theirs!). Wont put any links up, but do a search to see for yourself!

Im doing research for HX/Double Boiler in the off-chance I come into some money... heheheh... Ive seen and used most of the usual suspects (Minore II, Giotto/Rocket, VBM DS, etc.). Anyway, any thoughts on the machine would be appreciated. Any site sponsors going to be/already stocking it?

Re: Isomac Alba anyone?

where are you?

Where am I???
    <-----

Site Sponsor

Isomac Alba

Hi Ben!

As you may know already, Di Bartoli sells the entire Isomac Range. On our store bench, you will find the Venus, the Zaffiro, the Millennium and the Mondiale in operation. If we would have had sufficient bench space, we would probably have considered putting also the Alba for demonstration.

The Alba is Isomacs latest released model, currently with limited stock in Australia. Due to its unique look, the importer is still in a research stage, assessing peoples preferences and sales potential. Having said that, internals are similar to the Millennium Due, with few extras. Here are more detailed specs and features list:

- HX, Boiler: 1.5 L Boiler & 1400W heating element (like the Millennium)
    - E61 Group head with a Steel leva handle (like the Mondiale)
    - Cool-to-touch steam wand & cool-to-touch hot water wand (like the Millennium Due)
    - Dual pump & boiler pressure gauge located on top of the machine (same gauge as all HX
    Isomac, just different location)
    - New Feature: 3 level immersion probe to detect tank water level, located on the left side of the
    brewing head, unique feature for the Alba
    - Water tank cover is separated to the cup warmer, can be lifted easily for water refilling without removing the entire cup water (unique for the Alba)

General note: similar to existing Isomac models, quality HX e61 group, S/S casing machine. Differentiates itself mainly with overall look (upper gauge, water tank probe). For those whore after the unique look touch....

RRP: As the Mondiales, $2,650.00 available in our store 2 days from ordering, all spare parts are interchangeable with other Isomac parts.

Any other questions on the Alba or any Isomac model, please let me know!

Ofra

Hi Ofra!

Thanks for the info! She looks pretty good to me - at least it stands out with the gauges that sit atop like a clocktower :D Wonder whether this model is going to become a popular one...

Well, still saving up those dollars and cents and another machine to add to the wishlist...

Ben

Looks pretty good to me-though maybe less room on top to put your cups.

One question-are the boilers all stainless steel-if so this is a poor conductor of heat-might take longer to warm up? Most boilers seem to be brass or copper.

Im also interested in an Isomac "Relax"-are they still available/imported?

Thanks!

Something on these new Isomacs that I want on my Minore is the No burn hot water wand. I have it on the steam arm, but not on the hot water. No biggie, I just want it. Oh and the little screw covers on the taps... those too.... thanks.

Tannin -

I read somewhere that the Relax has a nickel-plated copper boiler, but the Alba IIRC has a S/S one (I read that on a comparison site so it must be true :D). Fact is, if its a poor conductor of heat, it might (if a solid enough block) have better thermal lag and heat retention properties (poor conductor of cold too). We can get too hung up on these things - its the thing in the cup that counts for me!

Personally Id go for an E61 group with 3Kg+ of brass in the group over the relax any day of the week.

Question for anyone out there... Let me start with Im an absolute beginner. I have just stepped into the world of fine home coffees with an Isomac Alba. Its a thing of beauty & a thing of joy. I have only just noticed that the first espresso I make after I turn it on is luke warm. Good flavor, but not hot. I am not running it until the machine light says its ready to go so I thought it would be sufficiently warmed up. Should I just be letting it warm up longer?
    - coliflu

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 7C70737679736A1F0 link=1210155395/8#8 date=1271051977
    Question for anyone out there... Let me start with Im an absolute beginner. I have just stepped into the world of fine home coffees with an Isomac Alba. Its a thing of beauty & a thing of joy. I have only just noticed that the first espresso I make after I turn it on is luke warm. Good flavor, but not hot. I am not running it until the machine light says its ready to go so I thought it would be sufficiently warmed up. Should I just be letting it warm up longer?
    - coliflu
    Give it 30 min as a bare minimum.

Caffeine Junky

Quote Originally Posted by 636F6C69666C75000 link=1210155395/8#8 date=1271051977
    - coliflu
    Yes definitely. *Most people using similar machines would allow a minimum of 30mins. *When the light goes off it means the water in the boiler has reached temperature. *However it takes a lot longer for the hot water siphoning through the head to heat up all that brass. *Essentially hot water is leaving your boiler but losing a lot of its heat on the way to your coffee. You can speed up the process by running hot water through the group.