Thread: Domus Galatea owners in Perth?

Domus Galatea owners in Perth?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Way out West it seems the espresso machine supply is a little slow. I have been roaming around looking for a retailer with a Bezzera Domus Galatea in stock to have a look/play, without luck! - even the local Bezzera distributors wont have any for a couple of months.

So Im putting a call out to any CSer in Perth that may be a proud owner of a DG and would be willing to show it off at a convenient time. Im happy to bring milk and coffee and will leave behind a sample of my home roast in thanks.

This is my final mission having found a VBM and Giotto, can anyone assist?.....cheers

:-?

Re: Domus Galatea owners in Perth?

Try this link

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1207821758

KK

Thanks KK, but Port Hedland is a fair distance from Perth - several hours on a plane in fact! So the search for a Perth DG owner continues.....

:)

Simsy, I suspect the reason there is very little response is that there are few of these machines here. In fact, the owners club probably meet in a telephone booth :)

Maybe the ease of which you discovered the other 2 has a hidden message ;) Perhaps Im biased

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rong link=1215613453/0#3 date=1216012289
    *snip* In fact, the owners club probably meet in a telephone booth :)
    From what I can gather, there is no owners club as:

1 We dont need to support each other, as we let the machines speak for themselves.
    2 Were too busy enjoying the fruits of our labour - our machines and the shots they produce.

So, sorry I cant help. Im in the phonebox in Tassie anyhoo. ;D ;D

b4b.

Thanks for the passionate replies, its like Ford vs Holden! - apart from few owners I think the other problem is the few distributors in Perth (only 2 in fact) - but alas! my request may have sparked some action and a demo is heading West later this week for a test drive........and it will need to drive well after experiencing the power of the VBM!

Will let you know if I am the first phonebox DG member in Perth or if i join the growing VBM clan that is probably meeting at the MCG by now?! ;D

CTGTC

Site Sponsor

Simsy;

If you are not able to test one of this machines around your area the best person to talk to is Spelomike (CS member) he has test each machine in my shop, and he could give you a very good detail information of each one.

Regards

Renzo

Quote Originally Posted by Di Bartoli link=1215613453/0#6 date=1216165877
    Simsy;

If you are not able to test one of this machines around your area the best person to talk to is Spelomike (CS member) he has test each machine in my shop, and he could give you a very good detail information of each one.

Regards

Renzo
    And he chose the Bezzera Galatea

KK

Quote Originally Posted by beanz4brainz link=1215613453/0#4 date=1216013649
    Quote Originally Posted by rong link=1215613453/0#3 date=1216012289
    *snip* In fact, the owners club probably meet in a telephone booth :)
    From what I can gather, there is no owners club as:

1 We dont need to support each other, as we let the machines speak for themselves.
    2 Were too busy enjoying the fruits of our labour - our machines and the shots they produce.

So, sorry I cant help. Im in the phonebox in Tassie anyhoo. ;D ;D

b4b.
    ;D Nice to see a bit of banter goes a long way. I certainly wouldnt knock any machine :-X, but probably in the same position as Tassie wrt numbers (unless you have bigger phoneboxes).

Ron

Hi simsy

As DiBartoli says, yes I looked at quite a few machines. It ended up coming down to a choice between the VBM Domobar and the Galatea.

Both produced beautiful shots, had similar technical specs, and both had excellent build quality. I then chose on size and style. My kitchen bench was just 50cm deep. The VBM is deeper but narrower than the Galatea, it would have fitted but with no space at the front. So the Galatea would fit just a bit better. Also I just liked the smoother styled curves of the Galateas panels.

With a deep bench others would prefer the narrower VBM and it has a pressure gauge for the brew pressure which would be useful. Its styling is quite nice and a bit more modern, functional style.

Mike

What ... not going to fly/drive to Port Hedland :)

The population of these in WA is about to reduce by one. I am packing up and moving. I only have a small allowance of for my next move, which is off to Mozambique. However when putting the list together of the 5 or 6 things I am taking over there, the Domus Galatea made it to the top of the list!

So heres to phone booths in Mozambique, and installing a new power plug on the Domus Galatea.

I am not anticipating any trouble going from a 240V power supply to 220V ... should there be anything to look out for when changing over the leads, or otherwise?

Cheers

Chris

DG in Port Hedland!

Good luck to you Chris
    Is the move permanent or just short term

You could send a couple of hundred KG of green beans over ::) if you like
    ;) We would not mind

Anyway get Insurance for it
    I am not sure if the area you will be living in will be dusty so keep the top covered with a towel to prevent dust and bugs entering the water reservoir
    I am pretty sure you won’t have any trouble with 220Volt

Soon as you arrive and set up you can start converting the locals into Coffee Snobs
    We know of at least one Chris Fox Mozambique member

Again
    Good Luck Mate and keep the flag flying :D

KK

One DG owner leaving WA, a new one to fill the void. Yes Ive started the phonebooth DG owner club in Perth! so dont fear Chris I will keep the flag flying in WA - looking forward to its arrival in Perth from the other Chris (Talk Coffee) next week!