Thread: new to the game

Chris

new to the game

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all, first timer, well ill start off by stating that i was given an "Ascaso Dream" as a gift, being the coffee lover that I am i went out and bought a Isomac "profesional" grinder, after a few (quite a few) goes i was making what seemed to me a fair cup, a couple of things i am not happy with is that i cant seem to get that golden rats tail pour that everyone talks about and i dont like waiting for the pressure to build up to stretch the milk usually about 3 minutes cause my wife complaines that its not hot enough, so now i feeling its upgrade time whats the vote on Vibiemmes Domobar Super

Re: new to the game

VBM domobar super rocks. I was serving coffees off them on a coffee cart at the Danes Barista Comp finals in Sydney this year. Great machines. My only gripe, why are the knobs so damn tiny?????

Go the new VBM domobar PID model with dual boiler

KK

KKs suggestion is cutting edge...but it depends on your budget.

As for a "normal" VBM Super I can certainly recommend them - check my sig. Outstanding machine and my first and likely last. Wushoes query is a good one as it was the knobs that I thought would put me off being a "5 thumbs" man. However, having used the machine quite a lot now I have to say I dont notice. The triangular shape works brilliantly. I not only find them easy and functional but fine adjustment if necessary is no problem and I wouldnt want them any bigger. They actually suit the "look" of the machine if that makes any sense.

Overall it was my pick of the bunch and has lived upto and surpassed my expectations.

Excellent machine. Highly recommended :)

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox link=1217249922/0#0 date=1217249922
    Hello all, first timer, well ill start off by stating that i was given an "Ascaso Dream" as a gift, being the coffee lover that I am i went out and bought a Isomac "profesional" grinder, after a few (quite a few) goes i was making what seemed to me a fair cup, a couple of things i am not happy with is that i cant seem to get that golden rats tail pour that everyone talks about and i dont like waiting for the pressure to build up to stretch the milk usually about 3 minutes cause my wife complaines that its not hot enough, so now i feeling its upgrade time whats the vote on Vibiemmes Domobar Super
    Looks to me like you have already made up your mind. Whats to vote on :-? Have you considered any others?

Chris

well thanks guys looks like the vbm is a popular choice, but no one has given me a suggestion for the ascaso on how to get it to go faster ? any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluefox link=1217249922/0#7 date=1217316956
    well thanks guys looks like the vbm is a popular choice, but no one has given me a suggestion for the ascaso on how to get it to go faster ? any thoughts ?
    Hey bluefox
    I dont know much about the Ascaso Dream
    But what I do know about it is that it takes both ground coffee and or pods (coffee discs)

Its nowhere near the league of the VBM Domobar

You could compare the Ascaso Dream to a much better version or specification of a Sunbeam or similar

Hope that Helps

KK