Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Isomac Zaffiro

  1. #1
    Junior Member thad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tropical Canberra
    Posts
    8

    Isomac Zaffiro

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, does anyone have the Isomac Zaffiro, and if so, whats your view on its performance, specifically in relation to steaming, and the time the machine takes to get to steam?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    thad

    Yes we have one, or better say 3 (two for stock) from coffee to steam take about 60 to 75 seconds, looks longer if you look at the gauge.

    You are welcome to come an try if you wish.

    Best regards

    Renzo

  3. #3
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    Hi Thad,

    By all accounts the Zaffiro is a good machine and the e-61 group is a big plus.

    I have not used a Zaffiro but it seems to have a similar specification the the VBM domobar levetta- which has a significant price advantage but black rather than stainless steel sides....

    FWIW, the VBM produces very good steam after around a minute...

    Hopefully, you have or are factoring in a good grinder as well ;)

    Chris

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    Yes Chris,

    Zaffiro has the same specs than the Domo, the main difference is on the looks and the Zaffiro comes with single and double handle.

    Both works perfects.

    Renzo

  5. #5
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    Quote Originally Posted by Di Bartoli link=1219196981/0#3 date=1219209604
    Yes Chris,

    Zaffiro has the same specs than the Domo, the main difference is on the looks and the Zaffiro comes with single and double handle.

    Both works perfects.

    Renzo
    Good stuff Renzo....Id like to see a single group handle ship with the Levetta as well ;)

    Chris

  6. #6
    Junior Member thad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tropical Canberra
    Posts
    8

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    Quote Originally Posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1219196981/0#2 date=1219207806
    Hi Thad,

    By all accounts the Zaffiro is a good machine and the e-61 group is a big plus.

    I have not used a Zaffiro but it seems to have a similar specification the the VBM domobar levetta- which has a significant price advantage but black rather than stainless steel sides....

    FWIW, the VBM produces very good steam after around a minute...

    Hopefully, you have or are factoring in a good grinder as well ;)

    Chris
    Yes, budget includes a grinder, its for my folks, love spending other peoples money ;D

    Was initially looking at the VBM Domobar, but the shop I was planning on pruchasing from no longer stock VBM, and the price of the stainless ver is now failry high

    Guess I dont need to restrict myself to one shop or product, but had set my mind on the Domobar...

    Had read some reviews that said the Zaffiro was slow to produce steam

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    120

    Re: Isomac Zaffiro

    Quote Originally Posted by thad link=1219196981/0#0 date=1219196981
    Hi, does anyone have the Isomac Zaffiro, and if so, whats your view on its performance, specifically in relation to steaming, and the time the machine takes to get to steam?

    Thanks,
    I am no expert, my feedback is purely subjective...

    I used Zaffiro for a few weeks.
    What can I say, its a very good machine when it comes to straight espresso. Very easy to pull good shots with. Looks good too.
    When it comes to steaming, its a bit of a wait you should put up with. I think my particular machine took a bit longer to get to the steaming point, than what other people say... but by all accounts its at least 60sec. I wasnt particularly happy about it, but thats the price for the large boiler (0.8l)..
    Theres an excellent review of Zaffiro on CoffeeGeek http://www.coffeegeek.com/proreviews/detailed/isomaczaffiro
    I found it really helpful and I can say that I agree with everything I read there. One more thing, when its ready for steam, its a demon. Its almost like its steaming too fast - a bit hard to learn if you are a beginner ;-) At least thats my impression and its compared to double boiler Expobar Minore and Maver Makin, HX machine...

    I have a HX machine now and of course it makes life a bit easier when I have to serve 8 or 10 milk drinks for my guests. But for one or two people, its great, I think. Ask me more questions if you need, but I guess, if you have a chance to go and play with one, do so.

    Ed



Similar Threads

  1. Isomac Zaffiro not heat up
    By Markus in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th April 2011, 05:31 PM
  2. Isomac Zaffiro
    By maso in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th October 2008, 04:44 PM
  3. isomac Zaffiro
    By Sullo in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st August 2007, 03:37 PM
  4. Isomac Zaffiro
    By thomas_cho in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th July 2004, 02:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •