Thread: Single Group machine for home use

Single Group machine for home use

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, this is my first post here, but Ive read heaps and learnt lots. Never knew it was "that" technical

Great site you guys have here, forum sounds very friendly informative and non-agro too, well done!!

Im at the point of going from domestic machines (Breville,Krups,Seaco Incanto, Shearer Opal) to something more robust and hopefully better.

I can get a new San Marino Lisa 1 group manual or a electronic for pretty cheap only catch is no Warranty. Were talking $1300 or $1900 plus GST.

Question is is this value, it seems some here dont rate these machines much.
    Re a grinder Im thinking Mazzer Mini, seem to be about $650 or so. Is that about the best entry level grinder or is there something else around I should consider.

Thanks in advance

TC

Re: Single Group machine for home use

Quote Originally Posted by gonetroppo link=1224572455/0#0 date=1224572455
    Hi all, this is my first post here, but Ive read heaps and learnt lots. Never knew it was "that" technical

Great site you guys have here, forum sounds very friendly informative and non-agro too, well done!!

Im at the point of going from domestic machines (Breville,Krups,Seaco Incanto, Shearer Opal) to something more robust and hopefully better.

I can get a new San Marino Lisa 1 group manual or a electronic for pretty cheap only catch is no Warranty. Were talking $1300 or $1900 plus GST.

Question is is this value, it seems some here dont rate these machines much.
    Re a grinder Im thinking Mazzer Mini, seem to be about $650 or so. Is that about the best entry level grinder or is there something else around I should consider.

Thanks in advance
    Hi GT and welcome,

Having taught on San Marino machines in many a training class, they are by no means my favourite and you could do a whole heap better.

I seem to recall that the Veneziano guys once had one which was pimped to within an inch of its life and worked pretty well...

As for the grinder, the Mazzer is a good bet. Pricing is more like second hand than new though...

Good luck ;)

2mcm

Re: Single Group machine for home use

Yeah, they had one that was pimped out for a little while, then it was junked. Not sure exactly what happened with it. It was kind of funny that it ended up being the only machine around when WBC 2006 Klaus Thomsen visited. Doh!

Dave Makin had a single group san marino at home, but I think that he got rid of it when he started importing his little domestic machine.

Cheers,

Luca