Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 mls

hi this is one of my first post so please take it easy on me

today when i hoped onto a coffee machine  i noticed that the pour was blonding for a long time before the machine stopped and was wondering for the 20-30 seconds for 30 mls rule would you say that it is including crema or without ?

thanks for the help

Re: 30 mls

Hello
    Welcome to CS!
    Are you using fresh beans? Stale beans blond earlier. If you dont put enough coffee in your portafilter that can also cause early blonding.
    For me I normally go for colour rather then the specific rule of 20-30sec for 30ml. I just use that as a guide line. Im fairly sure the 30ml is including crema.

CK

Comment

Sounds like you just pressed a button.
      As CK said, fresh coffee is a must.
      I too go by colour.
      If I accidentally dosed a gram or two less it would blonde if I was pouring by water volume.
      I always pour using the manual button.

If it blonded a LONG time before the pour ended it does sound like the beans werent fresh or the grind was too course.

Comment

or too fine, if your coffee is coming out in longer than 30 seconds then itll blonde before the 30 mls is up. especially in a double handle

Comment

It may also depend on how you drink your coffee. I like my straight ristrettos pulled earlier than ones that end up in a piccolo latte.
          Greg

Comment

Working...
          X