Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cafetto and Finish Dishwasher detergent..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafetto and Finish Dishwasher detergent..

I gave some cafetto to a friend recently telling him about how good that stuff was in lifting coffee grime off ANYTHING; in fact I was using cafetto to clean my pyrex roasting plates after a lamb roast.
    He took one look at it and said, it looks like the Finish Dishwashing powder and not having a dishwasher, I had not made that association but that comment prompted the curiousity... are they similar or vastly different?

Re: Cafetto and Finish Dishwasher detergent..

I use the Cafetto EVO; the environmentlly friendly version.
    My gut feel is that Finish is a tad more caustic.

Im too lazy atm to go check the ingredient list on both containers.

Comment

Well theyre both detergent based granule powders and I spose in that respect they look similar, and perform similar tasks. That doesnt mean that theyre one & the same though NTE.

Comment

Originally posted by NewToEspresso link=1228954552/0#0 date=1228954552
        ... are they similar or vastly different?
        Vastly different!  Finish has a strong alkaline base.  Its good to use in a dishwasher.

I should add, I think the standard cafetto and clean machine may both have a base of sodium percarbonate. While this too is alkaline it is nowhere near as strong as Finish. They also work differently. Sodium percarbonate is used in lots of laundry products, as it reacts with water to produce oxygen to bleach, or lift out stains.

Best to use products for their intended purpose.

Comment

Working...
        X