Which grind is better for Aeropress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which grind is better for Aeropress

I have an Aeropress at work to make coffee and usually grind my fresh beans in my Rocky before I go to work. I also have an older Breville burr grinder in the cupboard that doesnt get used but works fine.  

So the question is - What would make a better coffee, continue grinding in the Rocky before heading to work or take the cheap grinder to work and grind the coffee just before using it?

Thanks!
    Obie

Re: Which grind is better for Aeropress

i prefer to grind fresh for each time im going to make a coffee, so as long as the breville works ok, id take that to work and use it if i was you.

Comment

I have a burr at home but I plan on getting a new one for home and taking the old one to work. Freshly ground is alot better.

Comment

Well,

Here at home I tend to use a grind that is slightly coarser than espresso grind such that about a 15Kg force on the plunger completes the brew in about 40 seconds. After playing around with all the variables this seems to produce the best flavour in the cup for me using water temp of 85-86C.

If I was you guys, Id just play around with the variables until you get the "best" flavour in the cup that suits you. The info brochure that comes with the AeroPress is a good place to start from though....

Cheers,
        Mal.

Comment

Working...
        X