Travelling, need coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling, need coffee

Im going to Sydney tomorrow for 10 days (Im from Perth) and will require Coffee in my apartment... mainly first thing in the morning when I rise. At home I have an espresso or flat white first thing, obviously I will not have a machine in Sydney...

I have a bodum travel plunger, but not a suitable grinder.... could someone suggest a suitable travel grinder to have plunge coffee with? Ive used a mates bodum grinder which works well for plungers (course).

I will be out and about most of the time so will be able to visit the Sydney coffee shops, but really do need my get out of bed hit.

Thoughts on coffee and travelling are welcome!

Also, where near Darling Harbour can I get fresh beans, and a nice espresso? and how about near Newcastle?

cheers

Re: Travelling, need coffee

JamesM

I recommend Velluto Nero roastery and cafe in Clarence Street which is between the CBD and Darling Harbour. You can look up their web site www.vellutonero.com.au and find their exact location.

It is a fairly new business run by three sisters who won a Gold medal at the 2008 Sydney Royal Fine Food Show.

A friend took me there when I visited Sydney and I really enjoyed having a coffee and a chat to one of the women.

Marie

Comment

Second that. VN is one of my usual hangouts.

Also, check this thread http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1218409705

Comment

Zassenhaus the only manual grinder in common usage and the best There are also a few others but AVOID the modern chiinese crud. Some of the other older European ones are great as well or if you are doing the car thing Ascaso, Ibiteral, Sunbeam etc for $120-300 are worth the space.

The Avanti twin walled stainless Plunger was my travel one but these days Syphons rule but the normal glass ones are a travel problem. An Aeropress is the other choice for abuse tolerant coffee gear in a suitcase (Cuppacoffee in Sydney).

Comment

Working...
        X