Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• length of beans in grinder?

hey guys,
    how long can i keep my whole roasted beans in my grinder before they go off??

reason is that if i can keep beans in the grinder for at least a day, then i can take out a certain amount and load it up in the grinder from the morning, instead of put beans in by the shots pulled.

also ive heard that if theres more weight to my em0480 grinder then it does a better job...is this true?

Re: length of beans in grinder?

Hi Baz

Have a browse through this:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1237540749

I dont have any experience with your grinder, but, in general, just put enough beans in my grinder for the few coffees I will have over the coming couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Daniel

Comment

Hi Baz
      To ensure top freshness of your beans, only fill your grinder with what you intend to grind for each shot or set of shots.

Some CSers literally weigh their beans to get the correct dosage, i just put enough in, sometimes i get it right sometimes not and any sitting in the grinder will get used the next night, generally for SWMBO as she wouldnt taste the difference. ;D

Mal

Comment

Originally posted by 26232C33420 link=1238494377/1#1 date=1238494817
        Hi Baz

Have a browse through this:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1237540749

I dont have any experience with your grinder, but, in general, just put enough beans in my grinder for the few coffees I will have over the coming couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Daniel
        thanx dan.
        found sum good info there

Comment

I try to load what I intend to use for a coffee making session but I find I normally end up with a bit extra in my EM0480. Occasionally, I forget to empty the hopper back into a sealed bag and you notice the loss in quality if you dont grind those leftovers until the following night.

Comment

I usually pour some into the hopper, grind as required, and then part of my clean up after the drinks, is to empty the beans in the hopper back into my airtight bean container, but then most days Silvia only gets used once, or if twice, then hours apart, so the beans would go off if left in the hopper.

Bullitt

Comment

Working...
            X