Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brasillian?

Hi gang,

Ive been reading about various espresso blends on the web, and one of the more common varieties to use as a base is a dry processed Brasillian bean.

This might be a way of "extending" the use of some of our more exotic beans.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,
    Phil

Re: Brasillian?

Good Idea
    any particular Brasilian coffee?

We could redo the Cerrado Poll which was one of our first beans.

We are going to put up a peruvian coffee very soon too. which is out standing.

Rich

Comment

Coffeesnobs has been offering so many different beans that I fear I am going to run out of storage space.

With this Peruvian bean, could you give us a bit more information when you can?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeSnobs link=1090236549/0#1 date=1090252437
        We could redo the Cerrado Poll which was one of our first beans.
        Sounds good Rich, Ill be in it.

Regards,
        Phil

Comment

[quote]With this Peruvian bean, could you give us a bit more information when you can? [quote]

This bean came highly recommended by ARC, here is their discription on it;

Peru Kontiki Washed
          Arabica. Screening 18
          Cup; Strong Body, chocolatey and winy, resembling a good Guatemala or Costa Rica but slighty less acidic.

It will be around the $4.10kg mark. Price subject to change until order is placed.

We were going to put a poll up on this one, we can also put a poll up on the Cerrado, it usually goes reasonably quickly, and we have new members who may be interested in it.

In August we will probably put another availability list poll up to see what you guys were wanting next, but anything you ask for in the wish list is good to know about too, such as Thomas Yemen. So dont hesitate to put up your requests.

Comment

Oh no! We coffee snobs are really spoilt, there are SOOOOO many to choose from ... so little money and space (speaking for myself).

As I mainly drink straight espressos ... (due to me being unable to steam and drink milk <I am lactose intolerant&gt could someone suggest a good single origin bean for espressos?

Comment

You may need a bigger cupboard Thomas

We mainly drink lattes as most of the espresso drinks dont seem smooth enough to me, Rich likes espresso, but the two coffees I have actually enjoyed as espresso are Tarrazu and the Indonesian (Sumatran) Mandheling, they are smooth and not bitter at all.

We have found the Mandheling to be very nice about a couple of hours after it has been roasted.

Rae

Comment

Hmmm ... all this space problem has prompted me to think about space management in the house. Looks like its time the old newspapers and phone books go in the bin.

With the sumatran ... I have been drinking it the last week, smooth it may be, almost buttery, but it lacks that zip! which I want in my cup.

Also I have yet to taste a choclatety bean! I wonder what that tasting feature of a bean taste like? I have read description notes of a bean being chocolatety ... that sounds really wonderful to have in a cup of espresso.

That peruvian bean sounds like something which would suit me.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas_cho link=1090236549/0#5 date=1090306329
                  As I mainly drink straight espressos ... (due to me being unable to steam and drink milk <I am lactose intolerant&gt could someone suggest a good single origin bean for espressos?
                  Thomas,

Have a look in your local supermarket for Parmalat Zymil Lactose Free milk. Its in a long life pack and will be with all the other long life products (usually not in the main milk fridge.) Theres also the same product by Liddells. Both of them froth really well.

Regards,
                  Phil

Comment

Good idea Phil. We have two friends who cant drink lattes because they are Lactose intolerant. We might get some for them.

Thomas, ARC mentioned a coffee that tastes all the world like chocolate. Im pretty sure its an Indian Robusta (shock Horror! ) currently this is all the info I have on it. Ill email ARC and ask. I think by memory it may be the Indian Monsoon Robusta.

Indonesian Lington is another chocolately coffee, but most of us that tried it agreed its place is the plunger, very nice in a plunger, not so crash hot as an espresso

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeSnobs link=1090236549/0#9 date=1090314291
                      Indonesian Lington is another chocolately coffee, but most of us that tried it agreed its place is the plunger, very nice in a plunger, not so crash hot as an espresso
                      Im quite partial to the Lintong, (just as well as I bought 10kgs of it!) always use some of it in a blend, gives lots of body and of course chocolatey flavour.

Im currently drinking a yirg/cerrado/lintong blend in a 2/2/1 ratio. Its been very popular across different palates and tastes. The brazil keeps it sweet, the yirg adds the high notes and the lintong does the rest!

Comment

Cerrado & Lington heard of these two, but dont have any, heres another two for the wish list.

FB

Comment

Bumping up the Brasilian request again - any other interest?

Regards,
                          Phil

Comment

Sounds good to me Phil

Which brassillian coffee, We may as well get a decent one and pay a couple of dollars extra.

and why not the Cerrado & Lington as well

Hey Thomas, you need a walk-in pantry like mine 2.6m2 full of shelves and containers. Plenty of room for coffee. and the Smell...........(I roast in there too)..........Ahh Bliss!!!

FB

Comment

I would like to purchase some Brazilian beans as well, but I have not found anything on the Cerrado on the net.

I dont think I would like to roast indoors, I would not like to have everything in the house with the smoky smell!!

Comment

Working...
                              X