India Madikeri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Madikeri

Just finished off the second roast of this one and the supplies of Indian Tiger are running low as well but this one is certainly the better one.

Worth doing again if there is any more available

Re: India Madikeri

Originally posted by 2126222D252F3A2A2D24430 link=1242802890/0#0 date=1242802890
    Just finished off the second roast of this one and the supplies of Indian Tiger are running low as well but this one is certainly the  better one.

Worth doing again if there is any more available
    am running low on india tiger mountain after roasting last night and was wishing i had some madikeri!

Comment

Unfortunately I only got my 500g starter pack lot of this one That will learn me not to order more beans.

Just plastic tubbed my stash tonight 2 25 litre tubs and 2 33 litre tubs with a small overflow on top of that, Weight gusstimate 60kg+ 8-)

Comment

Yes, this is a great bean. I have been loving the Indian mysore nuggets, so when I read Andys notes on the Madikeri, I took the plunge and ordered 5kg.

It is a great bean, and confirms my faith in Andys suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by 43585F42445955565F425D55300 link=1242802890/3#3 date=1242823634
          It is a great bean, and confirms my faith in Andys suggestions.
          Good!

Yes, I would like to see this one again too. Great coffee and very forgiving through a range of roasts. Ill see if we can get some more of what has the nickname "mad indian" around here.

Comment

after drinking espresso this morning, 2 days post roast of the Tiger Mountain, am very keen to try the Madikeri!

Good Luck Andy

Comment

I enjoyed it too.

Will always hold a special place in my heart as my first popper roast. Awwwww...

Comment

I know everyone has different roasting techniques and roast depths, but I was wondering how deep people have gone with this roast? What has been successful?

Ive been taking it just before or just to the start of SC (in a popper) and havent been all that impressed with the results. Andy has suggested taking it to CS9 and the tweaking with it either side of this, but I dont think Im hitting the nail on the head.
                Any flavour characteristics that are coming through for you guys?

Cheers,
                Ben

Comment

Best asked in the roasting section but just to the first snaps of SC for a roast time of 18-19 minutes. Could be a resting issue or even a popper quick roast issue. I prefer it as a Syphon or Plunger brew BTW.

Comment

Working...
                  X