Best Of Panama 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Of Panama 2009

Hey, its starting in about half an hour!

Cheers,

Luca

Re: Best Of Panama 2009

At the moment, bidder #164 is the high bidder on something like half of the auction lots, including the top three. If anyone works out who this bidder is, please let me know.

This auction is different from last weeks Esmeralda auction in that the samples have been cupped and ranked, so the position should correlate with the relative quality. That said, I imagine that all of the coffee will be great. The two geishas I imagine would stand out as different on the cupping table, though the Carleida does not taste the same as the Esmeralda. It will be interesting to see how the non-geisha coffees fare.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

well I was going to bed but ...

I was lucky to score a bag of the last roast from this years batch of Esme from BBB. It will be interesting to see if we get any into Oz this year. Esme cupping at my place Sunday afternoon when ACog the courier arrive 8-)

Comment

another auction already

Comment

http://auction.stoneworks.com/observ...ssion=84541000

Comment

Originally posted by 3A2E043F695B0 link=1243515283/3#3 date=1243520843
            another auction already  
            Theres also the grounds for hope auction in another week or so. It has some interesting lots and its for a good cause.

Originally posted by 393E3A353D372232353C5B0 link=1243515283/2#2 date=1243520804
            well I was going to bed but ...

I was lucky to score a bag of the last roast from this years batch of Esme from BBB. It will be interesting to see if we get any into Oz this year. Esme cupping at my place Sunday afternoon when ACog the courier arrive  8-)
            Remind me, were you at the auction lot sample cupping?

I thought that last years actually cups up better than the samples that we got this year.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Bidder 164 is awesome; just bidding up on everything. Hope its not Starbucks. Esmeralda is only at about $50 at the moment, so Im going to go to bed; this auction should be going a lot longer!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by 4A534547260 link=1243515283/5#5 date=1243521998
                Remind me, were you at the auction lot sample cupping?

I thought that last years actually cups up better than the samples that we got this year.

Cheers,

Luca
                No missed that one, shame I am 4 hours away But going to have some great beans this weekend got some of the Los Altos coming too

At least Ebay auctions just end this one keeps crawling onward and upward

Comment

Sorry, I meant ACog.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Es Special at $63.10 at 1am  :

Interesting you think last years was better than the cupping of this years. Anything to do with the age of the greens or just last years was better?

Comment

final results http://auction.stoneworks.com/pa2009/final_results.html no idea how long it dragged on for :

Comment

Working...
                      X