Best Coffee Sweet Tasting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Coffee Sweet Tasting?

coffee is the best thing to welcome sunrise with but I like it sweet, is it necessary :-/ for a coffee to be sweet, what do you think??  :P

Re: Best Coffee Sweet Tasting?

Coffee needs to be good! If sweet is good for you then enjoy it sweet.

Grant

Comment

Once I started roasting my own beans I found I no longer needed the sugar I had previously always added.

Java "Roastin away" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

i agree java, i find a good coffee for ME is one that does not need suger. thats just one of the ways i judge coffees, but sometimes i like it smooth.

Comment

lots of folks say that pulling the sweetness is one of the hardest things to nail...

Comment

I dont know that sweet is the right word for my palate but i know i have a great shot when the coffee is smooth on and across the tounge

I too have not needed sugar since i purchased my machine and started roasting coffee, when people ask for sugar i just nod and smile and pity them silently as they are just asking out of habit.

Comment

I must say, I adore fresh coffee and have reduced my intake of sugar since I started roasting and brewing my own, however I still like mine with sugar regardless.

Ive tried to do the right thing and have a fresh home coffee without sugar but, while I can taste the pure coffee, I didnt enjoy it as much as I do with sugar so I figure, why detract from my experience by just doing because I should.

Ive just got a chronic sweet tooth, and always will - now wheres that bag of boiled lollies I stashed away!

Comment

Coffeebeans do you have your coffee with milk? I find a good microfoam milk makes the coffee sweet enough without suger for my palate. Although i still have suger in my tea. Just not enough oomph in tea.

Comment

Hi coffeebeans
                  I have found that over time, as Ive appreciated the inherent wonderful flavours of coffee more and more (which so often you dont get when people are butchering the coffee/milk in so many service locations, but can be achieved with a bit of care and a decent home setup!) the sweetness requirement has decreased. I started years ago with 2 sugars, but now even a normal sized flat white has way too much sweet milk for me - Im down to Piccolos or double shot macchiatos! (could just be old age too - I prefer 70% cocoa dark chocolate now as well!)
                  However, I also know a fella who has 5 sugars in coffee....
                  My advice - drop the sugar 1/4 tsp at a time - the great coffee flavours will start to come to the front, and soon, youll wonder how you ever put up with it!
                  Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by 18392F353B3235323B1E251F333A3A39395C0 link=1243851986/8#8 date=1243896315
                    My advice - drop the sugar 1/4 tsp at a time - the great coffee flavours will start to come to the front, and soon, youll wonder how you ever put up with it!
                    Cheers!
                    Weaning yourself off sugar first is good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by 182D3A386B6E5F0 link=1243851986/7#7 date=1243895294
                      Coffeebeans do you have your coffee with milk? I find a good microfoam milk makes the coffee sweet enough without suger for my palate.
                      Same here; I stopped taking my one sugar the day I got the Expobar.

Originally posted by 1B3A2C3638313631381D261C3039393A3A5F0 link=1243851986/8#8 date=1243896315
                      However, I also know a fella who has 5 sugars in coffee
                      My mate takes 4 but the other day I got him to try one of my coffees without sugar first and he only added 1.

Hoyks and coffeebeans if you have a sweet tooth and drink your coffees with milk try a lactose free milk; I find it tastes sweeter than regular milk to start with.
                      My wife and son use the Liddels long life; its about $2.17 a litre (exi I know) but its an option.

Comment

I grew up on Instunt so white and two was normal, needed to hide the bitterness of the International Roast somehow  :P

These days with good coffee in the house first go particularly with a new bean or different roast is without, then correct with a sugar or not to taste. I still have a sweet tooth I guess.

Check this one out doesnt need sugar anywhere near it http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?nu...703585/350#386 8-)

Comment

:exclamationThanks all of you for replying , lets keep the discussion on - i am going to try the micro foam milk soon, is it that the milk is frothed when tip is at the right depth , called micro foam milk? anyways i am sure the cappuccino will taste best with that milk!! try it and tell me on a coffee snobs chatter.

[smiley=bath.gif]

Comment

The correct height for the tip changes with time. You start basically at the bottom, turn steam to full power, and then quickly raise the tip to the top, a little below the surface. Then you slowly drop the pitcher as the milk expands, and finally once it is at the correct temperature, you bury the wand in again for the final work. When it comes out smooth and silky, its microfoam. ("micro"...ugh)

The good thing about frothed milk is that it is sweeter (to me at least)! My mum used to nuke milk in the microwave for cereal during winter...I dont own a microwave, so I froth it!

Comment

Originally posted by 4E726F747E7F687D757E1A0 link=1243851986/10#10 date=1243902279
                              Hoyks and coffeebeans if you have a sweet tooth and drink your coffees with milk try a lactose free milk; I find it tastes sweeter than regular milk to start with.
                              My wife and son use the Liddels long life; its about $2.17 a litre (exi I know) but its an option.
                              Not a lot of point doing that as the only reason it tastes sweeter is that the lactose is converted into glucose (sugar). So you are just buying milk pre sugared.

Comment

Working...
                              X