Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover for your Coffee Machine

Hi all

Who has a cover for their coffee machine? Being in the kitchen the shiny metal really shows up fine grease from cooking chinese in the wok on the other side of the kitchen. So my wife has made me a quilted cover for my Galatea. Of course the material has coffee theme all over it if you look closely. It fits over the machine perfectly.

Re: Cover for your Coffee Machine

what about the grinder

Comment

Looks good! Fine job, indeed.

Comment

Awesome, Im a bit of a quilter myself, so Im not only impressed, but also lusting after some of that border fabric!

Comment

Beautiful, Mike - you have a very clever wife there!

I wish I could sew, but I failed Home Ec at high school in a big way when you couldnt open the zipper to my pencil case!

Comment

Absolutly Beautiful.

I have the same machine and grinder and I also quilt.

I can appreciate the work that has gone into the cover and why you would want to protect your machine.

I dont have a cover but after looking at it I would love one.

Comment

Having nasty visions of my mother embroidering me a cover for the Pav.... Not going to happen . Bling to the front for me and a little microfibre once a week

Comment

Dont bother covering mine at all, i want the bling and a wipe over once or twice a week is sufficient to keep it bright and shiny.
                How ever my mum who has a sunbeam machine made a simple cover for theirs, i figured it was because she is old and needed something to do. ;D

Comment

I keep my machine partly covered with a black microfibre towel
                  The black enhances the shine
                  The soft towel stops metal to metal contact, making it a no scratch zone

KK

Comment

Hi all

Thanks for the comments. Those that do quilting will know how long it takes, its a lot of work. Most of the time the machine sits with its bling showing but when I cook the cover goes on. Its all 100% cotton so can be washed.

Beanflying wrote ...
                    "Having nasty visions of my mother embroidering me a cover for the Pav.... Not going to happen"

My wife Jill is now designing a cover for my LaPavoni Europiccolo :-)

Mike
                    That black microfibre looks good KK, must lookout for some on my next shopping trip.

Comment

Or just leave another light coloured one soaking in coffee ground infested water and you could end up with a tie-dyed coffee coloured one!

And lay off your mothers embroidering, BF - all those 1950s doileys have to go somewhere and better that than landfill!

Comment

Mum is a member of the local Embroiderers guild and she thinks us CSs are strange ;D I would be more at risk of hand painted silk with gold thread embroidery than doily type at least.

I am going to sew up a padded travel bag for the Pav and the Kyocera. Running a kite shop and knowing how to sew has its advantages. Made up with a shoulder strap never an excuse for por coffee anywhere 8-)

Comment

The cover is a good job and good fit. The only downside which Im afraid would make my mind up is that if I had a machine that beautiful the last thing I would want to do is cover it up. My coffee machine is the most expensive thing in my kitchen and im gonna show it Mine is red and plastic so doesnt smudge or get as dirty as yours though.

Comment

Speleomike tell me about those cups on top of the Bezz, they are cool 8-)

CB

Comment

Hi redzone

They were a gift to me, not expensive at all though I think.
                              A set of 6 espresso cups and saucers. They came in a heart shaped cardboard box with little brown coffee beans on it. Text on box was:
                              "CLASSICA essentials
                              Florence"
                              Made in China.

They are a perfect size for espresso and picolos.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X