Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June BeanScene

Best issue ever IMO

Originally posted by 0A2136213028292C25400 link=1244636237/28#28 date=1244797357
    Java "Warming up with thoughts of winter in Oz!" phile  
    Originally posted by 04292D212C400 link=1244636237/30#30 date=1244798634
    Now, Winters there were really, really cold.... Used to get down to 18C sometimes
    After reading this thread, I was flicking through the June BeanScene. Guess who appears on the last page: your friendly antipodean correspondents: Javaphile with his Gothot (not gonna explain - youll have to get the mag) and Mal just as I imagined him to be - meant as a compliment, mate. I couldnt work out what that was between your legs that you were holding but then I realised (not gonna explain - youll have to get the mag)!

Re: June BeanScene

Ive been stalking the postman all week but no Beanscene 3 yet, maybe Monday? Cant wait to check out Javaphiles writeup!!

Comment

Arrrgh - now Im just hanging out to see the picture of Mal - I hope Im not going to be too shocked!

Welcome to the BeanScene Beaners Hall of Fame, Java Getting My Picture into the BeanScene Magazine Phile & Mal - youre in esteemed company!

Comment

Also turn back one page Flynn to the page of Scoot.

Comment

Ah yes, how did I miss that? Its meet the Mods month!

Ive met Scoots in person and her tale is a familiar one so there was no curiosity to sate: I know what lies beneath (the helmet) and she is as nice as she appears on CS.

Comment

I was thinking the other night it must be close to #3. I just went out to check the mailbox (bit chilly at midnight) but no mag for me Will look out for our celebrities!

Comment

Wahoo!!! I got my copy in the post today!!
              Great Mag!!

Comment

I went to the letterbox today, expecting the usual bills, etc and found the latest Beanscene mag! The mag just gets better with every issue. Now there are TWO pages dedicated to CSers. Scoots has maintained her air of mystery by having her photo taken in disguise 8-)

A slight disappointment for me was realising that I didnt win the Domobar Super. I guess the ol Sunbeam will have to do for now.....

Comment

Yeah I reckon my Domobar must have got lost in the mail too Another vote for a great magazine, seems to have found a good balance between telling an experienced Barista how to suck eggs, while not alienating an enthusiastic newcomer to the industry.

... Id always wondered how those de-stoners worked

Comment

loving sitting reading the new edition with a coffee.
                    I think the cover photo is fantastic (as well as what is inside)

Comment

Thats a nice destoner Andy any chance of getting some plans of it.

Comment

Fantastic Publication! Huge thumbs up to Steve and everyone involved in it. Great for both professionals, and home enthusiasts alike.

Devastated that I didnt win the Domobar, but won 500g of coffee, delivered the on the same day. Coffee heaven that afternoon ;D Boo yah!

Oh, and I love Javas roaster, break me off a piece of that. Nice mate!

Comment

Originally posted by 464D465E55481210270 link=1244800438/7#7 date=1244817486
                          Scoots has maintained her air of mystery by having her photo taken in disguise 8-)
                          Ah Taz isnt too mysterious!!! ;D :P

I love how wonderful this magazine is and looks. Great work Steve!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal, Don and Taz, loved your little-corner-of-the-book, read. As always I love reading about how CSrs got into roasting.

-Linda

Comment

Yep seeing the CSers was the highlight for me and wow great collection of rocks and things Andy.

Chris

ps: Steve better come over to NZ when you run out of locals 8400 to go

Comment

Originally posted by 4F45504747485C5A290 link=1244800438/0#0 date=1244800438
                              After reading this thread, I was flicking through the June BeanScene. Guess who appears on the last page: your friendly antipodean correspondents: Javaphile with his Gothot (not gonna explain - youll have to get the mag) and Mal just as I imagined him to be - meant as a compliment, mate. I couldnt work out what that was between your legs that you were holding but then I realised (not gonna explain - youll have to get the mag)!
                              You can find the non-condensed story behind the Gothot here: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1121040424

Java "Uh-oh Ive been exposed!" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X