Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage of Brewed Coffee

Hi there,

Ive just started roasting my own coffee.  I replaced my old drip coffee brewer with a Technivorm brewer and bought a Baratza Virtuoso grinder.  Technivorm came with a stainless steel vacuum carafe.  I noticed the coffee tasted a bit harsh after being stored in the vacuum carafe for 30 to 60 minutes.  My old uninsulated glass carafe did not effect the taste so much.  I concluded it must be due to the interaction of the coffee with the stainless steel.  However, after further thought, Im thinking the difference may be due to the temperature storage of the coffee.  The stainless steel carafe keeps the coffee at a higher drinking temperature whereas the open glass carafe cools the coffee quickly to room termperature.
    Now, I use the glass carafe for brewing the coffee and place it on the stone countertop which cools it quickly.  I reheat the coffee in the microwave for a second cup and notice it tastes fairly close to the first cup.
    Have you folks noticed a difference in your coffee using different materials for storage or storage temperatures?
    Thanks.

Jon
Working...
X