Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unauthorised use of your espresso machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorised use of your espresso machine.

Yesterday my bother in law came over to baby sit for 1/2 hr whilst my wife went shopping.  During that time he decided to use my Silvia...without permission, I was not impressed when I came home and noticed itd been used...there was coffee all over the shower screen, fingerprints all over it, the group handle and filter werent cleaned properly, the grinder was still switched on and my knock box had slurry in it...it looked like something my cat does every now and then.
    My wife knew hed used it too and questioned him on it, especially if hed used milk...she tried to explain the boiler priming thing, but he only had a shot without any milk, so thats a relief.  But hey its ok...he has a Saeco super automatic, so he knows all about coffee making.  >

I felt violated..I had to clean, backflush, wash my knockbox and pull myself a shot just to make sure my baby was still all ok.

Anyone else had their espresso machine violated without their permission?

Re: Unauthorised use of your espresso machine.

Oh the horror.....

I feel your pain Steve.

Comment

Sacrilege! Burning at the stake is too good. I recommend hang, draw and quartering. ;D

Failing this, next time hide your group handles, make a cup of coffee for him or show him how to use it. He might even become a Coffee Snob

Comment

Originally posted by 307774373C2C440 link=1248393052/0#0 date=1248393052
        But hey its ok...he has a Saeco super automatic, so he knows all about coffee making.Angry

I wonder if he let it warm up for 30 + minutes first

But I agree its just not cricket
        KK

Comment

Originally posted by 050F1A0D0D021610630 link=1248393052/2#2 date=1248394718
          Sacrilege! Burning at the stake is too good. I recommend hang, draw and quartering.   ;D

Failing this, next time hide your group handles, make a cup of coffee for him or show him how to use it. He might even become a Coffee Snob

Na... Not on at all...

Why.. see below.

Originally posted by 175053101B0B630 link=1248393052/0#0 date=1248393052
          But hey its ok...he has a Saeco super automatic, so he knows all about coffee making.  

SteveH, get him to show you how much better the Auto is and maybe you will be converted... ;D > 8-) [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Comment

Originally posted by 40646D6D6E6E5440647866640B0 link=1248393052/3#3 date=1248396761
            I wonder if he let it warm up for 30 + minutes first
            Not a chance. I doubt he wouldve warmed up the cups either.

Comment

Originally posted by 6B444D4F58674B444B4D4F474F445E2A0 link=1248393052/4#4 date=1248398765
              SteveH, get him to show you how much better the Auto is and maybe you will be converted...
              I had to fix that up for him...he cant read manuals and is ...well the words house brick, plank...sandwhiches and picnics come to mind. Recently he was going to take the Saeco in for a service as it was only producing 15ml cold weak coffees. All it needed was the settings tweeked...hed turned the machine off (after leaving it on for months) and that caused the settings to be reset to minimums. :

Comment

>
                No one touches the Expobar at home except to draw some water for tea and at the moment its switched off while Im at work because I hadnt changed the programming on the timer and it scared my wife when it came on one afternoon recently. ;D

At work I recently removed my grinder from next to the EM6910 in the kitchen because I found remnants of preground in the hopper. > > > > > > > >

Comment

Has flogging been removed from the punishment for Unlawful use of a Coffee Extracting Device. If so it would probably be to good for him. [smiley=evil.gif]

Ones Coffee Machine is sacred and should only be used by those who are trained and TRUSTED, of which there a none in my house except for SHE who must be obeyed [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif]

Comment

A horrible, horrible experience, Steve. I hope youve recovered from the violation. The non-snob population simply does not understand how we suffer for our passion.

Is there a punishment suitable for a crime like this? I cant think of one.

> >

A relative of mine once said hed make his own coffee at my place, he knew how to do it, etc. I tried to put him off, but he was fairly insistent. So, with me closely monitoring him, he proceeded to make a complete hash of it, then gave up, at which point I stepped back in (shaking my head) and made it properly, telling him a few things hed done wrong. He was suitably chastened and hasnt tried again. (Funny, I dont get so precious about anything else like that. Except dont ever try and touch the Takamine without permission. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 013423210C11460 link=1248393052/9#9 date=1248403620
                      Is there a punishment suitable for a crime like this?
                      Drinking instant.

Comment

Originally posted by 1D213C272D2C3B2E262D490 link=1248393052/7#7 date=1248402252
                        At work I recently removed my grinder from next to the EM6910 in the kitchen because I found remnants of preground in the hopper.  > > > > > > > >
                        Ouch. Kinda reminds me of when I went to make a coffee at work and some silly person before me had brewed a shot with instant coffee in the group handle . It wasnt easy to clean either  >

Comment

Originally posted by 6064626E6D6D686F7230010 link=1248393052/11#11 date=1248411764
                          Kinda reminds me of when I went to make a coffee at work and some silly person before me had brewed a shot with instant coffee in the group handle
                          I saw a lot of that when I first got here.
                          It doesnt happen any more.

Comment

I am worried I may have same problem sooner or later.
                            Now my wife and I share our unit with another couple students to save some money since I am studying.

The good thing now is these couple did not drink coffee so they did not use my EM6910, however, they dirty our other kitchen appliances a lot.

Anyway, they will move out soon after we keep asking them to keep kitchen and other public place clean.
                            Now the prob coming problem is our another couple friends are looking for share our place after they finish they lease before they move oversea.
                            They drinks coffee and had a breville (<100.-) coffee machine (I wont call it espresso machine tho).
                            They did make some coffee for us when we visited their place.
                            Now I am worried how to show them how to use a basic real espresso machine is my concern, since they thought they know how to make a espresso.
                            And as a Taiwanese (Chinese), our culture make us feel its a bit rude to correct others when they thought they know how to do.
                            ( I hope my English writing above can be understood since its a complex sentence.....)

Comment

Originally posted by 303C3F3A3D24363D530 link=1248393052/13#13 date=1248413019
                              I hope my English writing above can be understood since its a complex sentence....
                              I understand perfectly Colin
                              As I read, you actually sound like my mother

She speaks a kind of broken Euro English with a Greek accent :-/

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X