Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piccolo latte

Can someone please tell me what a Piccolo Latte is :-? [smiley=huh.gif]
    Ive googled it twice now and am still none the wiser!

Bruce

Re: Piccolo latte

Its a scaled-down version of a caffe latte, served in a macchiato glass or demitasse.

Comment

1 part espresso to 2 parts steamed, foamed milk. Looks like a mini-me latte.

Comment

If you ask for a double ristretto latte, often holier than thou bean monkeys will serve it in a macchiato glass. Once again I find myself explaining how to make it....... >

Boris

Comment

Aaahh . . . the piccolo . . . my drink of choice.

Perhaps someone in CS land with a digital camera could post a beautiful Piccolo pic!

Any takers? (Sadly I only have a webcam)

- Rob

Comment

Definately my choice of drink too...
            Myself and SWMBO enjoy one every morning in 80ml demitasse.
            i need to search out some mini Latte glasses though.

Maybe a photo on the weekend if i feel artistic, but with no art in my veins it will be fairly boring in a demitasse.

Comment

Just to show some affinity with my Swmbo for whom I make a nightly latte in a latte glass with the steel handle, I make myself a piccolo latte instead of my coffee of choice -- the espresso.

It seems natural to do this: She likes lattes, I like espressos, but I meet her half way by having a similar drink in an identical but 60 ml glass.

Mine is served in a 60 ml latte glass with the steel base-cum-handle, compared to her 200 ml one.

Volumes are 30 mls espresso, 30 mls steamed milk. With these quantities, the coffee taste is not overwhelmed by the milk.

Robusto

Comment

Heres a photo of two piccolos and a double ristretto flat white from my last trip to Campos.

Comment

Mmmmm . . .

Very nice, Framey (he says, walking over to the espresso machine, heeding a mysterious urge that has come from nowhere).

- Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X