Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

    I am sure this had been discussed before, but I am just wondering if anyone has experimented with making instant coffee?  Now I realise the whole point of being a CoffeeSnob is that you never need "lower" yourself to instant coffee ever again :P But I am talking about perfect shots of coffee, turned into power.  From what I can make out, most instant is made from boiling coffee grounds in large tubs of water, then removing the grounds and reducing - doesnt sound very tasty to me.

    I find the idea of a home made half decent instant interesting from a science point of view.  Could be good as a last resort, maybe?

    Thoughts? Links?

  • #2
    Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

    One of the site sponsors, Dennis from cuppacoffee had a go, and his instant coffee has been flying around the country since trying to find an instant auction winner brave enough to try it.

    Some of the info can be found here , although I think he has kept some of the process secret for only the guardians of the test-tube to know.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

      Originally posted by 31242E202B312D2036282022450 link=1249394426/0#0 date=1249394426
      I am sure this had been discussed before, but I am just wondering if anyone has experimented with making instant coffee?  Now I realise the whole point of being a CoffeeSnob is that you never need "lower" yourself to instant coffee ever again :P But I am talking about perfect shots of coffee, turned into power.  From what I can make out, most instant is made from boiling coffee grounds in large tubs of water, then removing the grounds and reducing - doesnt sound very tasty to me.

      I find the idea of a home made half decent instant interesting from a science point of view.  Could be good as a last resort, maybe?

      Thoughts? Links?
      Yeppers- Site sponsor Dennis (Cuppacoffee) had a crack- http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1221784243

      2mcm

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

        Originally posted by 3E61796F646F636A6A6969616D620C0 link=1249394426/2#2 date=1249395218
        Yeppers- Site sponsor Dennis (Cuppacoffee) had a crack- http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1221784243
        Interesting.  Some Google searching shows me there is such a thing as instant espresso - I guess I never noticed it.  But I wonder what quality of coffee they are starting with.  Has anyone tried it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

          you have instant espresso already, its inside your machine just wanting to come out..............

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

            chris,

            was that first crack, second crack, or third crack?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Perfect coffee...turned into instant??

              Originally posted by 0F030A07070E620 link=1249394426/4#4 date=1249423604
              you have instant espresso already, its inside your machine just wanting to come out..............  
              Heh, indeed I do.....walks over to coffee machine

              Comment

              Working...
              X