X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the pain go away!

Hi all,

Im feeling more like a CoffeeLoser today.. LOL.. :-[

I cant get anything to go right, milk flat and pathetic, shots are all over...

I think I spent about 20 minutes trying to make a latté.. :-/

.. it was bad..

Im looking forward to café day where I can witness someone doing things the "right way" in person..

failing that.. I think the ABC Barista course might be in order..

Thankfully, Im stubborn by nature so Im bound to get the hang of it; come hell or high water.. >

Lachlan

Re: Make the pain go away!

I pulled one of best ever shots the other weekend, while quite highly intoxicated....
    Of course i dont recommend this kind of behaviour, but maybe because i wasnt being so tight and pedantic about everything it all came together.?

just a thought....

Comment

I think its more because Im clueless.. LOL

....maybe it just tasted better because you were quite highly intoxicated?

However, as I am a man of science... I will get myself drunk and test your theory... and quite possibly head for a kebab/souvlaki after..... ;D

Comment

shots when intoxicated... hmmm... I think I will have to give that a go too...

I think, for the purposes of SCIENCE, we must try this multiple times - single origin beverages? or a blend? It will take much teshting methinks.

Asqui - I know exactly how you feel, and Im sure most of the others out there will agree. Best advice I have is to STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE. You cant make coffee when you are frustrated. Probably why alcohol is such a good idea. When it happens to me, I usually just think "$$$$ it, Ill just drink whatver the hell comes out, with plenty of milk, and even sugar if totally necessary..." then I dont try again for at least a few hours.

victor.

Comment

Originally posted by asqui link=1140051668/0#0 date=1140051668
          Im feeling more like a CoffeeLoser today.. LOL.. :-[
          [...]

Im looking forward to café day where I can witness someone doing things the "right way" in person..

Sounds like Im going to meet a kindred spirit there! I seem to be getting worse, not better. Im also seriously considering taking a course, but cant decide whcih one

Comment

Originally posted by Judy link=1140051668/0#4 date=1140177020
            Originally posted by asqui link=1140051668/0#0 date=1140051668
            Im feeling more like a CoffeeLoser today.. LOL..  :-[[...]

Sounds like Im going to meet a kindred spirit there!  I seem to be getting worse, not better.  Im also seriously considering taking a course, but cant decide whcih one  
            Come and do an academy course.....lotsa coffeesnobs have and I reckon the runs are on the board 8-)

Chris

Comment

Working...
            X