Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

    I need help!

    Does anyone in south east Qld (Im in Cleveland) got a metal lathe and has cut the pressurised base out of a SB pressurised basket??

    Thanks all!! ;D

  • #2
    Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

    Originally posted by 5B5B5B555950505353360 link=1249600555/0#0 date=1249600554
    I need help!

    Does anyone in south east Qld (Im in Cleveland) got a metal lathe and has cut the pressurised base out of a SB pressurised basket??

    Thanks all!! ;D
    Will have when the debt is paid in full...


    What are you doing and why ?

    There are other methods to do what you might be wanting..

    Is the the OLD or NEW style PB ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

      Hey AM am trying to cut the bottom off my old machines basket, the side with the 1 hole in it. To convert it into an non-pressurized basket. Any other ideas on how to do it?? One of the other guys has done it before.

      Whats ur thoughts??

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

        Old machine is about 6 years old and now lives @ works. And a friend just brought one and wants to do it too and his is 2 weeks old

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

          Originally posted by 2A2A2A242821212222470 link=1249600555/3#3 date=1249622736
          Old machine is about 6 years old and now lives @ works. And a friend just brought one and wants to do it too and his is 2 weeks old
          You can use a drill to make it bigger... It does not have to be the whole basket....


          In the older SB PB I used a drill and made 6 in a circle and the one in the middle... You do not have to open them op that much...


          If your into the maths.. The standard hole is 0.7mm If you make a 6 or more at 1 or 2mm , remembering boils law... You will understand that there will be no back pressure any more :-)


          It is just that it looks cleaner with teh whole bottom removed... And if ya go Naked...


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

            So AM in ur opinion would drilling holes be better than cutting the whole bottom out?? Does this still give it back pressure which in needed??

            Thanks again AM. One if these days we need to catch up for a coffee in person!! I owe u one ;D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

              Originally posted by 3E3E3E303C35353636530 link=1249600555/5#5 date=1249631220
              So AM in ur opinion would drilling holes be better than cutting the whole bottom out?? Does this still give it back pressure which in needed??

              Thanks again AM. One if these days we need to catch up for a coffee in person!! I owe u one ;D
              ~~~~~~coffee~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

              ------------- -------------



              then it should be

              ~~~~~coffee~~~~~
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

              --- ---- ----- ---- ---






              Comment


              • #8
                Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

                ???????? Huh

                so is the drilled holes better than total removal of the bottom? Is giving it more back pressure better??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

                  Originally posted by 76767678747D7D7E7E1B0 link=1249600555/7#7 date=1249641897
                  ???????? Huh  

                  so is the drilled holes better than total removal of the bottom? Is giving it more back pressure better??
                  No back pressure at all.. Same as a normal non pressurised single floor one...

                  You should have had two normal and two pressurised... With teh EM6910..

                  The pressurised ones are used as screw holders or small ash trays by me..  

                  The non pressurised ones = single floor is the only way to go.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

                    lve the pressurized basket - this my old machine is a 4800 not a 6910 so unfortunatley it as u know only comes with pressurized basket.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

                      Originally posted by 47474749454C4C4F4F2A0 link=1249600555/9#9 date=1249643623
                      lve the pressurized basket - this my  old machine is a 4800 not a 6910 so unfortunatley it as u know only comes with pressurized basket.  
                      No matter... Drill a few holes in the bottom.. and your done... Will behave the same as single floor...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: anyone in Qld got a metal lathe?

                        Thanks again AM. Next time ur in the city let me know and we have to grab a coffee!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X