Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    hi all im looking on fleabay and see a singer coffee machine .i never heard of this machine i know some one on here will know the details im looking at getting it from f/b as no bids on it so far but the seller does know much i asked about the usaul things like do you clean and backflush,descale regulary etc etc .
    relpy was i never used it .
    also asked size of group handle .
    reply whats a group handle have email them to explain and measure for me .im looking  at getting this only as i belong to local country fire service and we are lookin at getting basic coffe machine at station they do not wish to spend too much but im grinding them down.
    most of us a cfs love coffee and hate the crappy instant we currently have to put up with,but our brigade need to fundraiser as we cant fund  the new coffee machine coming from the operational budget ..LOL. pitty could get excellent one if that was the case LOL... :
    ok back to fleabay so if anyone knows any info on the singer model sg201 cap .what all i know about it .or if any c/s has a machine that they would like to donate LOL.. i can only ask ( sorry ) .
    let me know. it ends on the 10th @19.56 hrs

  • #2
    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

    item ended still in the dark on this particular branded machine .oh well still lots out there .
    happy sippin V :-/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

      Originally posted by 637466747B7B74150 link=1249703638/1#1 date=1250031037
      item ended still in the dark on this particular branded machine .oh well still lots out there .
      happy sippin V  :-/
      Cheep and nasty by the looks..

      Better of with out it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

        Originally posted by 322537252A2A25440 link=1249703638/0#0 date=1249703638
        hi all im looking on fleabay and see a singer coffee machine .i never heard of this machine i know some one on here will know the details im looking at getting it from f/b as no bids on it so far but the seller does know much i asked about the usaul things like do you clean and backflush,descale regulary etc etc .
        relpy was i never used it .
        also asked size of group handle .
        reply whats a group handle have email them to explain and measure for me .

        im looking  at getting this only as i belong to local country fire service and we are lookin at getting basic coffe machine at station they do not wish to spend too much but im grinding them down.
        most of us a cfs love coffee and hate the crappy instant we currently have to put up with,but our brigade need to fundraiser as we cant fund  the new coffee machine coming from the operational budget ..LOL.

        pitty could get excellent one if that was the case LOL... :

        ok back to fleabay so if anyone knows any info on the singer model sg201 cap .what all i know about it .or if any c/s has a machine that they would like to donate LOL.. i can only ask ( sorry ) .
        let me know. it ends on the 10th @19.56 hrs
        1: You need to define teh $ your interested in spending

        2: You need to define the amount of use as in per day and or in a batch type use..

        3: If they like a coffee and you can get good beans... Them a combo tye machine may be the best option..

        Talk coffee has some great specials going for a combo unit that is going to provide better service than many of teh cheaper system around.. They are also easy to use and maintain...

        It will be worth it in the end..

        If you can get some formal documentation and some level of discussions with teh local country fire service, then a sponsor may be able to offer other options...

        Just a thought.... You can only ask... But do it via a more formal approach... Rather that a one liner as to a donation... It will get lost in teh noise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

          thanks AM,
          im still scouting about for my country fire service but the finance management dont want to spent too much im still trying to wear them down though...lol....
          personally i would like to get a gaggia similar to mine one i brought from Flynn aus, last year but we will see have admin meeting Thursday ..
          V

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

            agree with AM

            singer should stick to sewing machines

            Vasanna you might be better of with a grinder and a plunger instead?

            if you have a real tight budget

            maybe even a "blade" grinder (spice grinder) and a plunger? you might get both at your local vinnes / lifeline store for $10

            teamed with nice fresh beans it would be better than instant imo?

            you can froth you milk in the plunger a bit...........

            gawd i am gonna get banned off CS for that...... ;D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

              Originally posted by 322537252A2A25440 link=1249703638/4#4 date=1250032502
              thanks AM,
              im still scouting about for my country fire service but the finance management dont want to spent too much im still trying to wear them down though...lol....
              personally i would like to get a gaggia similar to mine one i brought from Flynn aus, last year but  we will see have admin meeting Thursday ..
              V

              As I said in post #3 follow up with sponsors and be aware that not every one will want to manage grinders etc etc... Thus the Lelit Combi.. could be an ideal solution

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

                There is a working Rancilio 2 Group (Used - Manual) - $495 @ Barazi

                Is this price in the budget ?
                http://barazi.com.au/Newsflash/Bezzera-Pre-Loved-2nd-Hand-Machines/

                KK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

                  thanks ...AM,Maheel,KK...
                  i reckon good coffee is worth the effort .ATM we are trialing a members breville ( older model number which escapes me ) seems ok.
                  we would do between 10- 25 cups per week as station is not always manned .only on call out or when personnel are there doing non emergency duties ( admin ...Me ) or other duties so not overly busy station.
                  but after a 3.am vehicle accident ya really need a kick start of caffeine.

                  but only 4 people out of the 23 members we have can even use that machine we will need to to workshop on coffee making/machine usage and maintence as i will be the one getting stuck with making or cleaning up the poor machine... lol.
                  management looking at spending maybe $ 300-$ 500
                  i was also thinking about letting them have/borrow my old blade grinder and they get a plunger ,as Am suggested will let u know what they say atfer thrusday meeting..

                  anyway coffee is a journey ....
                  Happy Sippin V ;D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

                    Originally posted by 20372537383837560 link=1249703638/8#8 date=1250033989
                    we would do between 10- 25 cups per week as station is not always manned
                    Originally posted by 20372537383837560 link=1249703638/8#8 date=1250033989
                    management looking at spending maybe $ 300-$ 500
                    Take a look in the For sale section here. There are a couple of Sunbeam 6900s for sale in there currently that sound like they might be just the ticket for you. Fast to heat up, easy to use, and capable of producing a very nice cuppa.


                    Java "Matchmaker" phile
                    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: any info on singer branded espresso machine model sg201cap

                      mods plze close this thread gone very O.T. sorry .will create new post more in line with current responses thanks all. will post at later date.
                      happy Sippin V

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X