Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Monsoon Malaba AA grind?

Hello all,
    Got some of the above mentioned bean last month, chucked it in the ol roaster and took it to SC, about CS9, waited 6 days (because it smells like old socks before then)

Started grinding to find the spot, now on my rocky i generally am grinding between 5-2 on the scale.

Now i started at 3, overdosed as per usual, tamped, looked a bit coarse, pulled shot.....gusher, moved to 1......gusher, moved to -1, tamped hard, dosed some more, tamped again..... good pour, whats the go, never had to grind this fine before with any other bean, is my rocky out?

cheers ladies and gents.....
    love this forum, so quick, ill time ya! ;D

Re: Indian Monsoon Malaba AA grind?

Originally posted by 5D597F6666637C6B640A0 link=1250065701/0#0 date=1250065701
    never had to grind this fine before with any other bean, is my rocky out?
    Nope, not the grinder

I bought some of this pre-roasted as it was one of the best coffees Ive ever had. Took it home and had to dial the Mini finer and finer until I thought this is ridiculous. I tried it as a 10% blend and even that required a fine grind.

I spose I should have tried an even finer grind but ..well I just didnt.

Comment

Re: Indian Monsoon Malaba AA grind?

cheers flynn, it looks to me like a promising bean thats for sure, still as i said at day 6 at this stage so early days, looking forward to about day 12......

Comment

Working...
      X