Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Tamper Stands

To fellow pro coffee snobbers,
    Has anyone had any experience using one of these bumper tamper stands in a commercial environment? The concept seems sound but Im unsure as to how well they fit into a busy cafe workflow (or if they just get in the way).

Cheers Julz.

Re: Bumper Tamper Stands

Havent used one but I would think that yes it would not contribute to efficient workflow and would get in the way.

Comment

Commercial environment no

Use one at home. Brilliant.

Commercial environment unsure but I am sure you can find a location that works for it then it can work for you. You may need two. Get the rubber ring accessory for the tamper and you can always find your tamper, or at least pinpoint who leaves them in strange places  ;D

If you need dimensions just ask.

Comment

I use a tamper stand at home and fined them great they dont take up any more space then the part of the bench that your tamping on now.

But they do make your tamping consistent and level..

Cheers Gra..

Comment

Originally posted by 6E5B48290 link=1250241935/3#3 date=1250246823
          But they do make your tamping consistent and level..
          Fathers day is coming up, i now have a list to give the kids, i am sure it would beat the 9 ball point pens i got from the school stall last year ;D

Comment

These stands work great in a domestic environment especially when tamping single spout groups

Comment

I have used it in a commercial environment and I can say I always avoided it. Much easier to hang the spouts over the side of the bench and tamp that way. I spose if you couldnt use the edge of the bench (no reinforcement/deteriorating) then it could be handy.

Comment

Hi I use the Bumper stand at home and love it. At our cafe, 40kg a week, I found it too slowww. I tend to hang the tamp over the edge of the caesarstone bench but one day noticed how damaged the caesarstone edge was, tried the bumper stand but couldnt get used to inserting it each time into stand to tamp, I would miss and needed to concentrate more on putting it on the stand correctly than tamping correctly. Solved this problem by taking this beautiful stand home were I could take my time to use it, and not damage the caesarstone at home as well!!!

Back to work and solved the damaged caesarstone by covering it with a $10 rubber tamp map and hang the group handle over the edge so any excess can fall into the grinds draw.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                  looking at the bumper website it has just been relaunched.
                  They now call themselves Cafelatt and have a tamper mat that hangs over the edge of the bench. Will have to order direct though...

Comment

Working...
                  X