A recent comment/compliment on my coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recent comment/compliment on my coffee

Had a visit from my wifes parents and Uncle and Auntie yesterday, so I fired up my machine and made coffees for everyone. While drinking his long black with a dash of milk my wifes Uncle said "This is better than what you get from cafes in Lygon St."
    I was really chuffed to hear this, and Ive often thought to myself when I have a coffee from a cafe that its not near as good as what I make at home.

Re: A recent comment/compliment on my coffee

Thats why you are a coffee snob [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Making friends of the wifes family is a bonus

KK

Comment

A long time ago I trained up some hairdressers with some basic barista skills in return for a snazzy new look and it seems theyve really started hitting all the sweet spots consistently behind the machine.

They had comments from several customers that their espresso coffee was really good and man, you just dont expect hearing that about a hairdressers complimentary coffee!

Comment

This didnt happen to be Paris Texas in the city did it?
        Didnt try the coffee with my last haircut just noticed they had a nice machine on the bench (not out the back).

Comment

Today I made a coffee for a guy at work I met a couple of weeks ago at the coffee machine.
          He was with work colleagues but not drinking coffee because, he said, it made him ill.
          He was upset that he couldnt partake because hes of Filipino heritage and coffee drinking is a big thing in his family.

I was explaining to him that maybe previous coffees hed bought were just not made well, when he explained that even instant bothered him too.

However he volunteered to be a guinea pig and try one of my coffees.

Well today was the day.
          As luck would have it the pour came out dripping like molten chocolate and I nailed the milk texturing so much so that the rosetta attempt was one of my best for weeks.

Result: compliments and no ill effects from the coffee. Another believer.

Comment

no, it was stelios papas. Thats another great story thundergod

Comment

Originally posted by 3639230839363C3233343831313232570 link=1250486679/5#5 date=1250512131
              no, it was stelios papas.  Thats another great story thundergod
              He has cut my wifes hair

KK

Comment

Originally posted by 01252C2C2F2F1501253927254A0 link=1250486679/6#6 date=1250512624
                Originally posted by 3639230839363C3233343831313232570 link=1250486679/5#5 date=1250512131
                no, it was stelios papas.  Thats another great story thundergod
                He has cut my wifes hair

KK
                ROLF... I use to put bins in his yard and booby trap his front door...

But that was years ago.. Lovely wife and my ex and I dropped around and had card games and drank a little bit :-)

Comment

Working...
                X