Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canberra get together - Sat 14th November 2009

Gday all,
    As there seems to be a multitude of successful and regular CS gatherings in most other capital cities, so I thought that maybe its time to get one started in the nations capital.
    At this stage it’s just a straw poll to see if theres any interest out there.  There are no dates in mind yet, but I’m looking at later in the year, probably November.
    I have been speaking with Attilio, and he has very kindly offered the use of his brand, spanking new training room at Cosmorex Coffee.
    As Ive never been to one of these before, let alone organised one, Im seeking suggestions as to what you would like to see and do at the gathering.  Perhaps some CS’ers with experience at other gatherings could suggest some ideas that have been successful.
    Thanks for your time,
    Steve.

Re: Canberra CS get together.

Am keen, would love it to be on the weekend so I can travel. Our significant others could come also and we could see the new additions, looking forward to it.

Comment

I am also interested. I live in Albury and travel to Canberra every few months.

Comment

I would be in (depending on dates of course)

Comment

I travel to Canberra regularly for work, and have been thinking about a long weekend in town after a weeks work. If it happened to coincide with a Canberra meetup thatd be pretty cool. I think I can plan for it ...

Comment

I would be interested if the dates coincide with my trip down south.

Im from Canberra originally and go back to visit friends and family once a year just prior to the silly season so if it all comes together you can count me in

Comment

keen...if its a sunday!

Comment

I would also be interested. Canberra wouldnt be much farther for me to travel than the Sydney get togethers.

Comment

Sure count me in.

The new Cosmorex facility is looking good. It had a two page spread in the Canberra Times Food and Wine supplement this Wednesday, a good write-up.

Ian

Comment

Gday all,
                    sorry about the delay in getting back to everyone with a date, but I think Ive finally sorted it out.

How does Saturday the 14th of November sound to everyone?

The venue is good to go (Cosmorex coffee).
                    Now, as Ive never been to, let alone tried to organise one of these, what does everyone want to do and see at this get together?
                    Im open to suggestions as to activities (just keep it above the navel, it is going to be in Fyshwick after all ;D)

Over to you guys,
                    Steve.

Comment

I may pop in and rub shoulders with some of the CSs if noobs are allowed. :

Comment

Youd be most welcome to come and join us, although I dont know if my shoulders are worthy of being rubbed up against ;D.

Comment

Barring any major problems count me in. I would love to see a bit of bling a few different grinders, a bit of roasting and a little food. Not too much to ask hey?

Comment

Evening all,
                            if you are able to make it to the ACT get together, could you please PM me?
                            Ill bring my combo over the hill (after I clean if of course :) and Ill see about organising some nibblies.
                            Im thinking of a 10am kick-off for it, how does that sound?
                            All the best,
                            Steve.

Comment

Lovely, Just logged in and had a read, would love to attend, but I fly back into Canberra that day from LA, via Sydney (after 6 weeks away) and Im hoping the wife will want to "catch up" before letting me go out again. Then again if she doesnt Ill be there. ;D
                              Good idea, maybe one next month?
                              Cheers
                              Boris.

Comment

Working...
                              X