Dual floor V Single floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual floor V Single floor

I was reading another thread about latte art and the subject of dual floor and single floor baskets came up. It was stressed in this post that single floor is tjhe preferred option. Why? Dont be afraid to hit me with lots of detail

Re: Dual floor V Single floor

Originally posted by 7747504258545B350 link=1251979295/0#0 date=1251979295
    I was reading another thread about latte art and the subject of dual floor and single floor baskets came up. It was stressed in this post that single floor is tjhe preferred option. Why? Dont be afraid to hit me with lots of detail
    Try a search on pressurised and unpressurised basket- Theres plenty here

Comment

Thanks 2mcm.
      After that I was inspired and dragged out my single floor baskets 8-)
      Im very much in the steep learning curve stage

Comment

Soory to be such a gushing noob but....

I tried the single floor basket this morining and all I can say is WOW!!!!
        And to top it off my latte actually look like a (poor) rosetta rather than a blob in the cup Then I did another one and it tasted just as good as the first. I was so impressed that I rang my wife to tell her but all she said was "meh! Get a life". That was a bummer, at least the kids thought mylatte art was cool (theyre impressed with the blobs but at least it made me feel good ;D) Need less to say, my wifes getting the dual floor basket tomorrow, revenge is sweet but her coffee wont be ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 407067756F636C020 link=1251979295/3#3 date=1252032005
          Soory to be such a gushing noob but....

I tried the single floor basket this morining and all I can say is WOW!!!!
          And to top it off my latte actually look like a (poor) rosetta rather than a blob in the cup Then I did another one and it tasted just as good as the first. I was so impressed that I rang my wife to tell her but all she said was "meh! Get a life". That was a bummer, at least the kids thought mylatte art was cool (theyre impressed with the blobs but at least it made me feel good ;D) Need less to say, my wifes getting the dual floor basket tomorrow, revenge is sweet but her coffee wont be ;D
          hehehehe Nothing like a bad coffee to punnish the non believers...Like i say to my fiance, "if your not as excited about this coffee as i am then why would i put in the effort to make it...hope you dont mind nescafe for the next week"

Comment

Hey Brewman good to hear your coming around on the single floor(traditional) baskets.

As you would no doubt have figured out by now the dual floor baskets are designed to give a crema(of sorts) regardles of the dose of coffee, how it is tamped, grind size and how fresh it is. All of these things are extremely unforgiving in a single floor basket but much more rewarding when it all comes together.

So i say this to all the dual floor using people out there...
            Dont be scared, whip out the single floor baskets, waste some shots getting your dose/ tamp/ grind correct and reap the rewards forever more! and welcome to coffee snobs

Comment

Working...
            X