Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - Nov. 15th!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - Nov. 15th!

Im throwing it out there to do another meet before christmas.

The venue is happily yours and ours to use as last time. I would really like to do a cupping focussed session because I have never had the chance to experience this in a large social environment before.

Has anyone organised a cupping in a largish group (say 8-10 people?)

How did it go? What was fun, what wasnt? Did people learn plenty?

Im sorry its taken so long to post a followup to the event and suggest the next one. Uni and a new born had momentarily overwhelmed me (fatherhood rules!)

Looking forward to hearing ideas.

P.S.
    Were still doing the pumpkin gnochi!

Re: BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - TBA

Originally posted by 312E3721225B0 link=1248858520/97#97 date=1253365555
    Im throwing it out there to do another meet before christmas.

The venue is happily yours and ours to use as last time. I would really like to do a cupping focussed session because I have never had the chance to experience this in a large social environment before.

Has anyone organised a cupping in a largish group (say 8-10 people?)

How did it go? What was fun, what wasnt? Did people learn plenty?

Im sorry its taken so long to post a followup to the event and suggest the next one. Uni and a new born had momentarily overwhelmed me (fatherhood rules!)

Looking forward to hearing ideas.

P.S.
    Were still doing the pumpkin gnochi!

Interested... But it is the busy time of teh year :-) Have some info and a contact re Electrical... Will pass on soon.

Comment

Hey Julz,
      Keen to have another meet and greet, really enjoyed the last one, im in! (i will bring scones again, and a few more plates of goodies!)
      warren

Comment

Super duper, well It will be a sunday like last time. Im going to put forward the month of november and see what suits most people interested.

Ill send a pm this afternoon to all those who attended last time. I also need to chase down an article i remember reading on hosting a cupping.

Loosely speaking the idea was to have snacks, gossip, cupping then followed by wine and cheese.

Those scones were such a hit!

Comment

*snaps for WSullys Missuss scones*

:P

Comment

a sunday in Nov would be good. Once again i`ll have to check what weekends i have off.
            Glad you like the Gnocchi.

Comment

Hi all would like to join you all if im not working that weekend, would be great to meet more of you all . count me in! 8-)

Comment

Ill be potentially up for it, pending babies etc.

Alex

Comment

Hi all,
                  To those who may not remember, Im Julz, the guy working the machine at the coffee snobs get together in August.

Were gonna do it again! On a Sunday in November yet to be determined; we would like to extend invitation to all present last time, and  those who unfortunately could not attend.

With the emphasis on a cupping (amongst the food and gossip) I would like for everyone to bring a prime roast.

We will have a more optimal setup with the grinders to allow the cupped beans to be tasted as espresso afterwards.

I really loved having such a receptive and appreciative bunch of folks and families to make coffee for and we cant wait to do it again!

Please pm or start a new thread with your available sundays and well start getting organized!

Many thanks,
                  Julzy.

P.S.

I was going to pm this around but didnt, since i figured this thread would be read by most brisbane snobbers anyway. If you know of anyone that may not find this message please send it along.

Comment

Re: Next BRISBANE get together - swap meet / roast off - TBA

I missed the last one, but am keen for the next!! Lock me in!!

Comment

Gonna be in Newcastle on the weekend of the 7/8th, any Sunday other than that one is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 46594056552C0 link=1253365556/8#8 date=1253512667
                        With the emphasis on a cupping (amongst the food and gossip) I would like for everyone to bring a prime roast.
                        Dont laugh, but first thought was some lamb  

Comment

So far the possible dates are 1st, 15th and 29th.

I guess well pick the winning date on a first come first served basis.

If you wish to come and one of these days does not suit, post it up and well strike it off till we have a winner.

Comment

Maybe you could add a poll jullian?, might work, and looks cool too!

Comment

Rats! Another one Ill miss out on...

MP - if youre looking for a good coffee in Newcastle and dont mind a house that isnt necessarily spotless, give me a yell - happy to have you drop by for a coffee if youd like one and have the time. Promise I wont load you up on stuff to take back to put into storage for us! ;D

Cheers
                              Di

Comment

Working...
                              X