iPhone Home barista application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone Home barista application

I just acquired a new iPhone.  I was browsing apps and what do I see?

Barista
    In  the mood for a macchiato? Like to make one at home on your own expresso machine? Barista, a recent arrival on the App Store, can guide you through each step in the process of creating a caffè latte, cappuccino, americano, mocha, and other delightful expresso beverages. It also offers tips — on selecting and storing coffee beans and creating “latte art” — and a handy glossary.

Has anyone seen this?  I am having a permanent war with my son and heir, who is a great believer (inherited it from his father) in acting helpless, so that he doesnt have to do it.  : He keeps telling me that he cant possibly make coffee, my "stupid" machine is too complicated.

Now, this app is not exactly and arm and a leg ($3.99, which is more expensive than most)  but I wonder if it would really give proper instructions?  I just dont want to fill my new toy full of useless apps  ;D

Re: iPhone Home barista application

A CS member developed it
    KK

Comment

Re: iPhone Home barista application

Hi Judy,

The application has been written about here before and then became a bit of a sales plug and the thread was binned.

General consensus is that its good if you feel that you need that sort of application.

2mcm

Comment

Interesting iPhone app

Got a new iPhone a couple of weeks ago and was perusing the apps.

Found a new one called Barista, I havent purchased it, but it looked interesting as it has wee videos etc on it.

Comment

Re: Interesting iPhone app

Lucina, if you do a search dating back to last year, there was a thread on this app - including comments from the developer.

Its a great app for beginners - giving explanations of all the basics and how to construct different coffee-based beverages.

Comment

Its actually not a bad app lucinda, i got it a while back and while i dont use it for the instructional stuff, i do find the photo function fun, you can store you own pics of various drinks under their appropriate headings, ill upload a few screen shots......

cheers
            warren

Comment

OOh that looks cool. Need to purchase some more credit for iTunes and get it Even though I am pretty experienced now, still could be fun.

I did a quick search but maybe put in the wrong parameters

Comment

Originally posted by 4E57414B4C4643220 link=1269039412/3#3 date=1269130884
                I did a quick search but maybe put in the wrong parameters
                http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1254542200/0#0

Comment

Working...
                X