New work equipment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New work equipment.

Not sure where to post this but Im so happy   new cafe section of work is open and I got the shock of my life... a Wega and a Mazzer! So, like a total coffeedork I took pics which I can now carry in my wallet to show people my beloved children!

Excuse the mess. I was working in another section and crashed the cafe party mid-service for the happy snaps. Im not familiar with the Wegas but I think, comparing with pics online, its a polaris. And Im sure you all recognise the workhorse doing the grinding there.

Were still getting beans from the same place ( contract :-[ ) but one small victory at a time, hey? This is literally the most excited Ive been to go to work in months ever!

Interesting from a CS psychology point of view: shiney new toys dont even need to be yours for the endorphin rush to occur. Safe to say, mother and new children are bonding well... I am in luuuuuuurrrrrrrve!  :-* ;D

Re: New work equipment.

So are you guys hiring at the moment?  

Comment

Thinkin of moving southwards happi? I would love another cser at work! You know most of the crew dont even drink coffee! Ive converted a few, but for some "conversion" means they now drink 1/16th strength caps!!! Meanwhile me n the chefs make use of the triple baskets to skull super strength flatties all day long and are called "crazy" and told to "settle down" for it...

Comment

Good luck with your quest to educate the ignorant masses to the joys of specialty coffee mel, its a hard job but we must continue the battle!!
        Love your shiny new toys

Comment

Hey Mel, where do you work?
          Im in Newcastle and need new places for good coffee!!!

Mrseca

Comment

mr seca, youve got mail!

Comment

I applaud your coffeedorkness Mel!

I still have pics in my phone of my home setup. I show them off like a proud parent at every opportunity :P

Caff.

Comment

Nice Mel! You scored big with that one!

I share your enthusiasm. When i started at my job all i could say is Kees Van Western This and Mahlkonig that! Now im in a position where i cant work anywhere else due to the thought of downgrading

Lucky for me my new boss shares my passion and i even enticed him to buy a Hottop... actually i didnt really entice him. I think he felt like he couldnt be outdone by me ;D

Have fun with it Mel!

Comment

Oh! Yay Mel! That is exciting...and yes, its true, it doesnt have to be your gear to be excited about it! I love going to work to play on "my" machine all day! ;D

Comment

i knew youd understand scoota Still getting used to the steam wands but enjoying the journey.

Originally posted by 7B425C526870370 link=1255903913/7#7 date=1255934748
                    Now im in a position where i cant work anywhere else due to the thought of downgrading
                    Haha I will admit, the new equipments done more to ensure my loyalty as an employee than a few dollars extra an hour would have. And I think thats a good thing right?!

And while Im confessing ... I did hug the wega when I first saw it. Cant wait to get to work tonight ;D Be reunited with my babies. "Its ok, mummas here."

Comment

Oh yes...you are going to just hate the thought of anyone touching it when youre not there and so you just have to kinda take the attitude of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "lalalala" to take your mind off whatever might be happening around the machine when youre not there... ;D

So, are you getting a customer following yet, Mel?

Comment

Its funny scoota, I didnt really think so. I get plenty of compliments, like along the lines of new customers making the effort to come back and thank me and regulars who when they order will say that my coffees the best (and Im pretty modest so even writing that out is kind of awkward to me) and I know Im the preferred coffee maker for the chefs and even the club ceo will wait until my start time for his coffee, but it wouldnt have convinced me I had a following.

Then last week my hours got moved about due to someone elses holidays and I worked my first weekday daytime shift in months and got so many people who were excited I was back and had been missing me and my coffees. And today Im disappointing them cause I said Id be back every tuesday for 3 weeks but I just couldnt swing a babysitter (the reason I went to nights to begin with)... so maybe not a following per se, but I definitely feel the love. And I feel part of doing the job well is remembering people and how they like it, so I could never claim they just come in for my coffee, they come in for the atmosphere - were a small club with a long (100 years) history and a real sense of community and being known and knowing people is all part of it, much like a little rural township except were in the city of Newcastles outer suburbs.
                        Once again, you probably understand that real well scoota. Sorry for the tolstoy but I didnt want to sound egotistical about this nice little bit of support I get.

Comment

Go ahead, pat yourself on the back and crow. Its not egotistical to acknowledge what others are saying.

There are way too few baristas that care enough to even try to make good coffee, let alone succeed.

Congratulations!

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 1B2E393B0B332E313D30385C0 link=1255903913/12#12 date=1256104501
                            Go ahead, pat yourself on the back and crow. Its not egotistical to acknowledge what others are saying.

There are way too few baristas that care enough to even try to make good coffee, let alone succeed.

Congratulations!

Greg
                            Greg said it well enough...and I totally agree with him.

And I just want to add...

That those of us in the rural/regional areas of Australia, bringing great coffee to those who live here with us are just as much a part of a "third wave" as any so called trendy city cafe...IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by 5B4B47475C49774F4944280 link=1255903913/13#13 date=1256125849

That those of us in the rural/regional areas of Australia, bringing great coffee to those who live here with us are just as much a part of a "third wave" as any so called trendy city cafe...IMHO...
                              Now this I can agree on! *combs fringe over eyes*

Comment

Working...
                              X