• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Water Conditioner and De-scaler

We have been discussing RO water against distilled & tap water

However there appears to be a system that actually works

Its a Magnetic Water Conditioner and De-scaler
    Different models are available from single pipe to whole of house

I was a sceptic at first but what I have read to date is mostly positive comments from former sceptics

I am contemplating on getting one & give it a go

Does anybody have one fitted ?

KK

Re: Magnetic Water Conditioner and De-scaler

Havent tried it KK but understand the concept has been around for a long time, and I am amongst the sceptics. Have you read the following?

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html

Comment

I put a really strong magnet in a glass of tap water and I cant get any iron to come out of solution at all...Chemistry #101 taught me that mettalic ions are not magnetic...

Meanwhile I have a few bottles of bargain snake oil to sell. Guaranteed to cure all manner of ailments and it can be used to remove scale from water too...Anyone want to buy one? :

Comment

Originally posted by 68494242455F2C0 link=1256951556/1#1 date=1256954842
        Havent tried it KK but understand the concept has been around for a long time, and I am amongst the sceptics.  Have you read the following?

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html
        Thanks for that link Dennis

I was reading the Skeptical Inquirer web site CSI about it

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/magnetic_water_and_fuel_treatment_myth_magic_or_ma instream_science/

KK

Comment

Its been discussed at length some time ago and if you do a search KK, you might be able to turn it up. Its all completely bogus and nothing but a well camouflaged scam... >

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 5875717D701C0 link=1256951556/4#4 date=1256994474
            Its been discussed at length some time ago and if you do a search KK, you might be able to turn it up. Its all completely bogus and nothing but a well camouflaged scam... >

Mal.
            Even the local hardware had one that you could add to ya washing to reduce the use of detergent... Final outcome... Just as effective to toss in a few rocks to bounce around...

Comment

I will remain a sceptic as I was previously ;D

KK

Comment

Working...
              X