A baristas breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A baristas breakfast?

I woke up late this morning and rushed to work in an attempt not to be late in the process skipping breakfast.Got to work, took the couch and tables out and made the staff their caffeinated drinks of preference and started feeling extremely hungry.

It was about that point i started getting really busy and it was obvious i was not going to have time to eat anything decent. I looked around for something that was in close proximity and these were my choices..

Coffee beans(obvious)
    Sugar sticks(tasty but not a breakfast of champions)
    Tea leaves(EW!)
    Marshmellows(?)

You guessed it! 1/2 a dozen pink marshmellow and a glass of milk! ;D

My point?... no point really i was just curious to know how often this happens to fellow baristas?

Im not the only one right?.......RIGHT?! :-?

Re: A baristas breakfast?

Never skip breakfast young man; its the most important meal of the day.
    >

Comment

Originally posted by 477E606E544C0B0 link=1257586904/0#0 date=1257586904
      Im not the only one right?.......RIGHT?!  :-?
      Yes Luke...You are the only one...I have NEVER done that... ;D

Heres the tip and Ill give you this for nothing...

If that has happened to me...I get another staff member, preferably one who drinks coffee...to make me a toasted sandwich!! ;D

Comment

Ill give you another free tip.....................never stand up in a canoe.

Comment

Free tip night, TG?

Sure I could think of a few more... ;D

Time we gave these young uns something for nothing anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by 4478657E747562777F74100 link=1257586904/3#3 date=1257595852
            Ill give you another free tip.....................never stand up in a canoe.
            ;D ;D

Comment

Another free tip from me...

Be kind to your mother.

Comment

Dont all tips charge at the gate going in and going out nowdays?

My tip - I never eat breakfast anyway: no time with kidlets to get ready, and caffeine is a great appetite suppressant!!!

Bad girl, I know (dont know ifI qualify as being a young un though!) :-[

Comment

Im not sure if i qualify as being a youngen either? :-?

I dont make a habit of skipping breaky it was just yesterday so i wasnt late for work. Yummy breakfats OR slightly agitated employer?

And we dont do toasted sandwiches at my work....too...uncheflike?

Comment

Heres a tip foryoung playersi get up have a breakfast at 3am and then back to bed that way I can wake up a couple of hrs later, shower and speed off to work! If in lucky Ill have second breakfast at 9.30 and third at lunchtime!!! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

when I used to work at a certain large restaurant at Circular Quay, if we were too busy for me to grab a bite I used to do much the same thing Luke, a few marshmallows with coffee beans jammed in them and a glass of milk. Certainly stopped my tummy from rumbling!

couple more tips ....

dont smoke in bed
                      dont bet odds on

Comment

I used to have a soy latter first thing a work when we still had the Vitasoy (weve moved to the Barista Vitasoy now, not sure if that works as well). The thicker texture seemed to trick my body into accepted i had been fed long enough for me to hold off until lunchtime.... though there have been days where lunch was just a repeat performance of brekkie! :

Comment

Used to do that when I worked in a small serviced office in Adelaide, Iced coffee from the vending machine was lunch some days.

Comment

yes to the soy latte, off the home machine every morning... fruit loops as a kicker when I feel indulgent.

And when Im the 6am start at work... double shot flat white and pick at the meats as Im making sandwiches (mmmm shaved ham, silvaside).

Comment

Heres a tip foryoung playersi get up have a breakfast at 3am and then back to bed that way I can wake up a couple of hrs later, shower and speed off to work! If in lucky Ill have second breakfast at 9.30 and third at lunchtime!!! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X