Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamilton Good Food Week - Sunday 15th Nov.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Good Food Week - Sunday 15th Nov.

Ok all you Novacastrians...and anyone else who wants to come up to Hamilton...

Were planning on being at Hamilton on Sunday as we head back from Sydney to Wee Waa.

I had heard on the grape er...beanvine that the Hamilton Long Lunch was happening down Beaumont street and there is apparently some sort of a barista competition for the locals and its being judged by Saxon Wright.

Any one else care to join us for a quickie Snob get together, or should I just bring my own friends and well have our own party? (well, I already will be bringing my own friends so thats that part solved. )

Re: Hamilton Good Food Week - Sunday 15th Nov.

I would have love to be there, Scoots, but Ill be madly tap dancing away at my Concert rehearsals on Sunday, damnit!

Have a lovely time - once again, I manage to miss you. Still Ive pre-booked the Gold Coast Nationals and definitely catch up with you then, by hook or by crook!!! Dont forget Ive got a spare bed for you, if you need it.

Cheers
    Di

Comment

Ive got the day off work and am heading into town - hope to see a few snobs errr.... snobbin about! I really want to see what this competition side of things is like too, so I will be there (possibly taking notes like the nerdling that I am) and am definately up for a meet up over a cuppa.

Comment

Hoyks...oh bugger...I was hoping youd be there! Ah well, like you said...QLD 2010...Ill be sure to confirm the bed booking at a later date!

Mel...I have absolutely no idea where the barista comp is being held...Were coming back up from Sydney so I daresay well be up there by 10am with any luck.

Maybe the comp venue would be a good spot to meet up?

Comment

Im hoping to get there at some stage for a while.

What looks like the official site (http://www.hamiltontown.com/gfw/baristacompetition.php) isnt particularly specific with details - sometime on 15th, somewhere in Hamilton.  You need to look at the entry form to find 10am to 4pm, maybe the local rags this week will have more clues.

Comment

Well, if any of you guys can find out the venue before Saturday, can you post it up in here?

Comment

Looked through my trusty copy of The Post and found nothing. Web-hunting revealled at least 2 websites that mistakenly advertised it as happening on the 8th (causing me to have a small aneurysm)... finally found the phone number and tried 2 call... got voicemail. I think I left the wrong number to call back though (I have issues with remembering my phone numbers, even have it my phone under the name "Ima Nidiot") so will try again later.

All the advertising is more directed to people looking to wander the streets without any time constraints or specific event in mind.

Have just organised a reconnaissance mission to beaumont st to see if there are any maps posted, will report back this afternoon.
              Corporeal Coffee over and out.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I can confirm that the competition will be held on Sunday Nov 15th in Beaumont Street, Hamilton. 10am kick off. Not sure exactly where yet, but its not a very big street...

I will let you know when I know more.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...7,0.03253&z=15

Comment

Im back - saw no signs or maps/event timetables. There was a warning for the street being closed off, but no indication as to venues.
                  Thanks tyeoman for the confirmation on the date, Im sure we will find the place on the day (the smell of freshly ground coffee will probably be a tip off).

Comment

Ive volunteered to be one of the sensory judges on the day, so come and say hi! Ill be the tallest one, most likely. Youll also see my wife (Lisa, long straight brown hair!) there with her dad and brother (the guy whos got the loudest laugh).

My guess is that from 9.15-5 Ill be fairly flat out, but it would be wonderful to meet you both! (and anyone else who makes it!)

John

Comment

Originally posted by 3C312D27252926480 link=1257832085/7#7 date=1257900899
                      Not sure exactly where yet, but its not a very big street...
                      Well, thats relative! I think that Beaumont st is pretty big and long with lots of shops and cafes and back alleys with more cafes...I found an alley that had about 7 cafes down it there!   But of course, I come from a place where you can walk the main shopping block in about two minutes!  ;D

CoffeeHorse...where did they tell you to go on Sunday? Surely you guys must have been given a venue to go to??

Oh and thanks for reporting in Corporal Coffee...job well done there!

Comment

Corporeal Coffee may have failed in her mission, but Dectective Doppio may have sleuthed out something right there - come back online coffeehorse and tell us where theyre sending you judges to!

Comment

Thats it...Im making you up a badge "Corporal Coffee"...and you can flash it when out searching for the best coffee anywhere... ;D

Comment

You know
                            I have visited Newcastle to see family and have been to this event on 2 occasions

On the last time I went they had Daryl Braithwaite as a main attraction

Its a great day out

KK

Comment

Daryl who?? ;D

Im there for coffee...not a hasbean... ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X