Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cups.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cups.

    Looking to buy a set of cappuccino cups and saucers, somewhere around 200 to 250 ml ACF look pretty good, any thoughts or recommendations?

  • #2
    Re: Cups.

    Jet Black  http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/coffee-cups-glasses/

    Di Bartoli http://www.dibartoli.com.au/products.asp?cid=78

    KK

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cups.

      Originally posted by 486C656566665C486C706E6C030 link=1260064512/1#1 date=1260064860
      Jet Black  http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/shop/ac/coffee-cups-glasses/  

      Di Bartoli http://www.dibartoli.com.au/products.asp?cid=78

      KK
      Ive looked at the sites KK, what Im looking for is thoughts and preferences of Coffee Snobs.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cups.

        Well for me its a personal preference as to what feels good in your hand
        Thick walled cups are best

        I have large hands and pay particular attention to handles.
        I cant pick up a glass or cup that has a tiny handle

        KK

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cups.

          Originally posted by 13373E3E3D3D0713372B3537580 link=1260064512/3#3 date=1260066355
          Thick walled cups are best
          One of the reasons I am looking at ACF, oh I forgot to mention would prefer Italian made.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cups.

            Originally posted by 112D243C29480 link=1260064512/4#4 date=1260067717
            Originally posted by 13373E3E3D3D0713372B3537580 link=1260064512/3#3 date=1260066355
            Thick walled cups are best
            One of the reasons I am looking at ACF, oh I forgot to mention would prefer Italian made.
            Im still really loving my Nuova Point Milano Tulip Demitasse & Cappucino cups, as well as the Sorentto Demitasse. Ive managed to acquire about 20+ in total, some through a group buy done here some time ago. The others (as I can guess youre a man who likes a bargain) I got through careful and consistent op-shopping. I also made sure that other keen op-shoppers Im friends with know what sort of cups I like and thats helped a lot. I should say that Ive seen it mentioned before that the round bottoms of the Milano Tulips do make it harder to pour latte art.

            Ive also got a really nice hand made ristretto cup from Five Senses that I enjoy.

            Recently, Ive been eyeing off the new Cafelat range of cups now available from Cafetto. Im yet to drink from one, but have seen and held a couple and am considering buying a set based on that alone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cups.

              Originally posted by 252C372E2528204D0 link=1260064512/5#5 date=1260070302
              Originally posted by 112D243C29480 link=1260064512/4#4 date=1260067717
              Originally posted by 13373E3E3D3D0713372B3537580 link=1260064512/3#3 date=1260066355
              Thick walled cups are best
              One of the reasons I am looking at ACF, oh I forgot to mention would prefer Italian made.
              Im still really loving my Nuova Point Milano Tulip Demitasse & Cappucino cups, as well as the Sorentto Demitasse. Ive managed to acquire about 20+ in total, some through a group buy done here some time ago. The others (as I can guess youre a man who likes a bargain) I got through careful and consistent op-shopping. I also made sure that other keen op-shoppers Im friends with know what sort of cups I like and thats helped a lot. I should say that Ive seen it mentioned before that the round bottoms of the Milano Tulips do make it harder to pour latte art.

              Ive also got a really nice hand made ristretto cup from Five Senses that I enjoy.

              Recently, Ive been eyeing off the new Cafelat range of cups now available from Cafetto. Im yet to drink from one, but have seen and held a couple and am considering buying a set based on that alone.
              Nuova Point cups seem to be pretty thin on the ground Hazchem, guess Im gonna have to settle for ACF, there is a place in Adelaide that has a good range of them, will check them out on Friday.
              Did a quick search for Cafelat cups but came up with nothing, do you have a link?
              Bargains are good, but getting exactly what I want is the priority.
              I prefer the traditional bowl shape.

              Cheers,

              Jon.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cups.

                Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                Nuova Point cups seem to be pretty thin on the ground  
                yeah, they generally are. I think thats one of the reasons for the group buy that was done direct from the manufacturer here. ACF are a good range too.

                Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                do you have a link?

                sure thing - http://cafelat.com/product.php?tid=17

                Cafetto are listed as the Australian distributor but nothing on their website yet.

                Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                Adelaide ... ...on Friday  
                im jealous. Cant wait to get to Adelaide in a couple of weeks, looking forward to the drive over too. Gah, this whole work thing is stooopid.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cups.

                  Originally posted by 3D342F363D3038550 link=1260064512/7#7 date=1260150418
                  Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                  Nuova Point cups seem to be pretty thin on the ground  
                  yeah, they generally are. I think thats one of the reasons for the group buy that was done direct from the manufacturer here. ACF are a good range too.

                  Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                  do you have a link?

                  sure thing - http://cafelat.com/product.php?tid=17

                  Cafetto are listed as the Australian distributor but nothing on their website yet.

                  Originally posted by 4A767F6772130 link=1260064512/6#6 date=1260142078
                  Adelaide ... ...on Friday  
                  im jealous. Cant wait to get to Adelaide in a couple of weeks, looking forward to the drive over too. Gah, this whole work thing is stooopid.
                  Hmmm, Cafelat look like a nice cup, emailed Cafetto enquiring re stock and prices.
                  Your one of the few people from the Eastern states Ive heard say anything positive about Adelaide, what do you like about it?
                  Work is a necessary evil but a whole lot better than not having a job.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Cups.

                    Originally posted by 49757C6471100 link=1260064512/8#8 date=1260152810
                    Your one of the few people from the Eastern states Ive heard say anything positive about Adelaide, what do you like about it?
                    yeah, Ive never quite understood why people hate on Adelaide. To be honest, whats not to love about Adders? The beer is cold, the food is good, city is well laid out and a joy to walk/cycle around. Central market is one of the best of its kind in Australia, and then theres the close proximity to McLaren Vale, Barossa, Adelaide Hills, Wliunga ... all sorts of stuff. Bar9 has opened since I was there last too and Im looking forward to checking it out, hopefully Coffee Barun will be open while Im in town over xmas & new years too.

                    Plus, I have in laws who are great fun to stay with!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cups.

                      Originally posted by 777E657C777A721F0 link=1260064512/9#9 date=1260158253
                      yeah, Ive never quite understood why people hate on Adelaide.
                      Its called Jealousy. Its why Sydneysiders bag Melbourne too. :P

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cups.

                        Originally posted by 282A262E2E20273A490 link=1260064512/10#10 date=1260158883
                        Its why Sydneysiders bag Melbourne too
                        see, I dont get that either. Melbourne is great too! Every city in Australia is unique and has something to offer if you ask me.

                        to get back on topic ...

                        Originally posted by 102C253D28490 link=1260064512/8#8 date=1260152810
                        emailed Cafetto enquiring re stock and prices
                        do you mind sharing that info with me when they come back to you Jon? thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Cups.

                          Originally posted by 6168736A616C64090 link=1260064512/9#9 date=1260158253
                          yeah, Ive never quite understood why people hate on Adelaide
                          Same, been there a couple of times now, beautiful, especially the hills! amazing place i think, (bad) bikey gangs suck though >

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cups.

                            Originally posted by 0A0318010A070F620 link=1260064512/11#11 date=1260159189
                            Originally posted by 282A262E2E20273A490 link=1260064512/10#10 date=1260158883
                            Its why Sydneysiders bag Melbourne too
                            see, I dont get that either. Melbourne is great too! Every city in Australia is unique and has something to offer if you ask me.

                            to get back on topic ...

                            Originally posted by 102C253D28490 link=1260064512/8#8 date=1260152810
                            emailed Cafetto enquiring re stock and prices
                            do you mind sharing that info with me when they come back to you Jon? thanks.
                            Will do.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cups.

                              Originally posted by 605C554D58390 link=1260064512/8#8 date=1260152810
                              Your one of the few people from the Eastern states Ive heard say anything positive about Adelaide, what do you like about it?
                              Coffee-wise, Adelaide has Rio. Tony from Rio is well respected in the industry and always a pleasure to deal with. Mecca in Sydney had their pick of local roasters, but got their coffee shipped from Tony in Adelaide before they started roasting for themselves; high praise indeed!

                              Cheers,
                              Luca

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X