overdose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdose?

On a visit to my grandmothers when I was a kid, I stuffed myself full of "Mint Slice" biscuits. I just ate them because they were there and somewhat of a treat. I never liked them but tried to convince myself that I should by eating the entire packet. Then I vomited. A lot. That was probably about 22 years ago, and to this day I still cant eat them. Actually, I cant even walk past them in the biscuit aisle without feeling a little queasy. What is the point of this long, boring story? Well, I havent had a coffee for five weeks. I never think about it, I never crave it, and I dont miss it. My concern is that I slowly overdosed myself over the years and somehow reached my limit. This makes me very sad :-[
    Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: overdose?

smoked salmon; yes. Used to dream about the stuff, but an episode of gluttony turned it into the stuff of nightmares.

coffee; no. Though I reckon I came close around exam time at Bible college!

I feel for you, dude. Heres to you getting your caffeine urge back.

Comment

Lamingtons for me.

Coffee - Not yet :S

Comment

Same thing happened to me with corn chips when i was about 10. Didnt have anything to do with the chips, i just happened to be really sick at the time of eating them and well...they were rejected so to speak...havnt touched them since.

I rarely have too much coffee. A couple of weeks ago at my local roasters, myself and another barista roasted up a robusta blend and went about sampling it. 4 double restrettos later and that was it for both of us..no more coffee.

Only lasted till the next morning though lol

Comment

Lots (read LOTS) of cherries age 4 - vomited; dont eat them much now.

Lemon spread - many sandwiches over time - I suspect I reached my lifetime limit.

BigRed I didnt drink coffee for about a week and lost the "habit" for about 3 months.
          After that I tried some again and it was like Id never stopped.

I had brain surgery - whats your excuse for stopping?

Comment

Lambrusco. My cousins 18th (I was 14) wound up having the shower treatment thanks to mum and aunty. Oh the shame! Still enjoy a good drop of other reds but cant bear lambrusco at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5D76784D7A7B1F0 link=1260489700/0#0 date=1260489700
               Well, I havent had a coffee for five weeks. I never think about it, I never crave it, and I dont miss it. My concern is that I slowly overdosed myself over the years and somehow reached my limit. This makes me very sad  :-[
              Has anyone else experienced this?  
              Not wth coffee but I  have the same  feelng  for  Coca Cola havng  had the key to one of the old top opening coke machnes  when I was 8 yo.
              I did overdo my intake  of  caffeine at one stage and now  limit myself  to 4 shots a  day , but I  could never  do without if  possible.

Comment

I changed the coffee that I was drinking to high altitude and shade grown - which has less acidity and less caffeine - and the result is no problems with consumption

I still aim for the mid-day cut-off point but I can usually manage four or five sneaky espresso before then (and maybe a few ristretto after lunch on a big day!)

P

Comment

I completely went off coffee for a while.  I dont know why, I had just had enough.  I really enjoyed tea for a while but once we bought a new espresso machine I got back into Coffee. I started looking forward to going to bed at night so I could get up and make a coffee or three first thing in the morning. Kind of like Christmas but better..... Maybe you need to change the type of coffee you drink. Eg, if you are a latte drinker, try a long black or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X