Riverina Hookup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverina Hookup?

Just wanted to see if there are enough like minded snobs who want to travel to Wagga (or already here) a few times a year for a get together? I can promise lots of toys to play with and when I have worked it out a KKTO as well.

Have a date and a venue in mind but PM if interested with ideas/suggestions/interest.

Re: Riverina Hookup?

Well we have a couple of starters and I am thinking the first Sat in March (6th) not set in stone by any means. Thinking march as the venue might be a bit hot in Jan Feb.

Comment

Ok then Saturday March the 6th seems a goer at the moment, 11am is the proposed kick off time. So we will do a bit of a BBQ for lunch and plenty of coffee.

My ideas for the day are
      1. KKTO roaster demo
      2. Bring your blend/SO for everyone to try
      3. There will be a chemex, syphon, aeropress, stovetop and a couple of espresso machines to play with.
      4. Some different sized grinders (all flat burr atm)
      5. We can do some semi scientific experiments (eg old beans vs freshly roasted) Any other ideas very welcome

More ideas to come so if you are thinking about coming you are welcome, the more the merrier.

Comment

Damn--I thought at first glance this was to be in the Italian RIVIERA ;D and it sounded like a really great idea (albeit a bit expensive!)

Im afraid that Wagga just doesnt have the same attraction for me 8-)

Greg

Comment

Trust me I would love to catch up with you in the Italian riviera but I cant quite stretch the budget that far. Next time you are going let me know ;D

Comment

What a great day March 6th will be for Riverina coffeesnobbers et al. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
            Meet and greet for a fantastic day in Wagga thanks to moto coffee.
            Come on C.ss in Griffith, Albury/Wodonga, Wagga and Deniliquin etc.
            get behind this day.
            See you there.
            Herbie.

Comment

Originally posted by 2E202D223523224C0 link=1261426907/2#2 date=1265497099
              My ideas for the day are
              1. KKTO roaster demo
              2. Bring your blend/SO for everyone to try
              3. There will be a chemex, syphon, aeropress, stovetop and a couple of espresso machines to play with.
              4. Some different sized grinders (all flat burr atm)
              5. We can do some semi scientific experiments (eg old beans vs freshly roasted) Any other ideas very welcome
              We can now add a "Technivorm" and a Hottop to the list of toys to play with.

Comment

I have been busy roasting some different beans to take to our gathering at Wagga next weekend. Cant wait until Saturday when we will catch up with some C.Sers in Wagga courtesy of moto coffee. ;DJust have a look at the fun we will have mentioned in moto coffees post. Thanks moto coffee for organisng this day.

Comment

Have just finished roasting myself, we will have a fair range of coffee to try and a real diversity in coffee experience coming as well. There is still plenty of room if anyone else is thinking about coming.

Comment

Originally posted by 303E333C2B3D3C520 link=1261426907/8#8 date=1267313796
                    Have just finished roasting myself
                    Thats gotta hurt!

Comment

No but the young fella (3) found out how hot the outside of the KKTO gets . Just turned my back for a second cooling some beans and wow can he yell!!!

Comment

Gday Brett, John, Russ and wives,
                        Thanks for a terrific day.
                        We got to compare 3 different roasters with the same bean, the interesting thing was how similar a Hottop, Gene Cafe and KK all turned out.
                        Its amazing how little and how much can be achieved on these get togethers. Looking forward to the next one.

Thomas ;D ;D

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Tom I had a blast and I think everyone else enjoyed themselves too. I felt like a kid in a candy store with $100 in my pocket, so many things to try and so little time. ;D ;D

We definitely need to do this again, am offering up the garage again if that suits. I am thinking in 2-3 months time?

Comment

Brett, Russ, Thomas & Wives,
                            Thanks for the most fantastic Snobs get together in Wagga yesterday. Worth every minute of our 400k - drive there and back.
                            Gob smacking knowledge of home roasting, exchange of all things coffee and roasted beans.
                            The hands on experience with the 3 roasters metioned in tominozs post was great.
                            Meagan and Thomass filter coffee brewers were real eye openers.
                            Thanks to Brett, wife and family for opening their home to 2 complete strangers. We had instant comradory as everyone made us feel so wlecome to a day we will never forget. The BBQ lunch so enjoyable.
                            moto coffee has a fantstic work ethic for his passion of allthings coffee and the set up we used yesterday as you will see in the photos was just awesome.
                            The Affagato with kahlua (for the none- drivers) was a heavenly send off.
                            Thanks moto coffee and fellow snobs so looking forward to our next meeting.
                            Herbie and the Missus. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

The photo is Moto (Brett), Ross, Tominoz (Tom) and Herbie (John). BTW not sure how is was just the blokes in the photo as there were 4 other halves and 6 kids running about. ;D.

And for anyone interested the second photo is a technovorm (I think that is how it is spelt) brewing some yummy pourover.

Comment

Working...
                              X